• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

SWA 2006 Hiring Projections--->700!

srjorion

Smile
Joined
Oct 4, 2003
Posts
116
Total Time
2700+
At the Air Inc. conference today, Mark Sterns of Higher Power Aviation said that SW is predicting 700 new hires for 2006. This info came from the HR department reps that come and talk every Friday at HP.

I know there have been a lot of people out there waiting on the call. Hopefully those waiting will get some good news next year with these numbers. Good luck to all!
 

GuppyWN

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 5, 2005
Posts
3,204
Total Time
14000
They said the same thing last year and the final number was something like 386? We are "only" taking 34 airplanes next year and retirements are around 170 so that would mean about 500. I like your number better though :)
 

L'il J.Seinfeld

Luckiest man alive
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Posts
420
Total Time
>1500
1400*7895=over 11 million!! SWA won't have higher than a 50% select rate.
 

srjorion

Smile
Joined
Oct 4, 2003
Posts
116
Total Time
2700+
GuppyWN said:
They said the same thing last year and the final number was something like 386? We are "only" taking 34 airplanes next year and retirements are around 170 so that would mean about 500. I like your number better though :)

Mark said that two weeks ago they were preaching 500, but just changed their tune to 700 this past week. I'm optimistic and pessimistic at the same time, thus imploding from the confusion.

I like my number too, but would like it even better if I were one of those 700!
 
Last edited:

skystud25

High and Fast
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Posts
95
Total Time
6K
Hey SJ- did Butch hook you up with the AirTran skinny this weekend? He asked me to go but I had some family stuff out west. You're a SKW biatch now anyway, so don't be thinkin' about movin'. Besides, we'll probably buy their asses too eventually.

Jiggy
 

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Joined
Dec 17, 2003
Posts
8,573
Total Time
7,000+
srjorion said:
I'm optimistic and pessimistic at the same time, thus imploding from the confusion.

I like my number too, but would like it even better if I were one of those 700!
That's sad that settling for less has made you so implodible.
 

TexaSWA

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 26, 2002
Posts
389
Total Time
-
FN FAL said:
That's sad that settling for less has made you so implodible.

Where do you get more?
 

PHXFLYR

USAir by default
Joined
Feb 5, 2003
Posts
2,177
Total Time
>0;<1
Palomino said:
700*7895=$5,526,500


Someone done cracked the code!! I find it interesting that Higher Power,who is in the business of selling type ratings,says 700 new hires while SW HR folks are calling for 500. Something just doesn't sound right here.


PHXFLYR:cool:
 

SWA/FO

5 Star Senior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
3,520
Total Time
>12000
Bring them on!! Baby!! You figure with wright going away we are planning on buying more airplanes... Lots of business for Higher Power!
 

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Joined
Mar 14, 2005
Posts
4,006
Total Time
5500
If it's 700, then I have a 1.5% chance of getting hired!!! If 500, then that % goes down to .75!!!:bawling: :beer:
 

satpak77

Marriott Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2003
Posts
3,015
Total Time
5000+
If I were Higher Power (or Kit Darby) I would spread how SWA is gonna hire 1000 next year

why stop at 700?
 

FlyBoeingJets

YES, that's NICE
Joined
Mar 20, 2003
Posts
1,802
Total Time
>5000
PHXFLYR said:
Someone done cracked the code!! I find it interesting that Higher Power,who is in the business of selling type ratings,says 700 new hires while SW HR folks are calling for 500. Something just doesn't sound right here.


PHXFLYR:cool:

ahhhh....I'm not sure where to start.

The 700 number was not made up by Mark at Higher Power. But the hiring estimates typically vary because no one really knows for sure. You can count on 450+. 700 has been mentioned by someone at the company and is now starting to spread like wildfire. It's possible but I'll believe it when I see it.

PHXFLYR,

paranoia will get you down. Try to shake it off. The folks at Higher Power are not out to get anyone.
 

kelbill

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 13, 2002
Posts
208
Total Time
13000+
Don't impune Mark Sterns and Higher Power's integrity over the varying estimates. He is a great guy, yes I am a HP grad, but he is a great guy regardless. We at SWA are told the same feast or famine hiring numbers every few months.
 

Jim

Fly Navy!
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
720
Total Time
11000
kelbill said:
Don't impune Mark Sterns and Higher Power's integrity over the varying estimates. He is a great guy, yes I am a HP grad, but he is a great guy regardless. We at SWA are told the same feast or famine hiring numbers every few months.
I agree completely. I recently got a 727 rating (yes 727 not 737) at Higher Power. I have never seen a business that has more integrity, is friendlier or cares more about their customers than Higher Power. Every complaint/problem any student has is immediately addressed and fixed. The whole staff really cared about the students success. And it's obvious from all the little extras (ball park lunch for example) that building relationships is a very important part of their corporate culture.

I don't think that Southwest would support Higher Power the way they do if it was otherwise or if profit was the only thing that mattered there.

I got my 737 tpye from K&S 3 years ago. They were a great school too, but Higher Power is tops in friendliness, caring and service.
 
Last edited:

Mr Hat

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 17, 2003
Posts
483
Total Time
6500
If Mark says 700 then someone at Southwest who is in the know told him 700. Higher Power is in business to make money, as all business is, but not at the expense of being unethical. Look at the name of the school, believe me they do not have the capability of lying to get people into their school. In fact when I was there, they told us that things were slowing down at Southwest only to have Southwest come in that friday and tell us that it was picking back up. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Higher Power Aviation.
 

burg

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 12, 2001
Posts
66
Total Time
6100
For those of you at air,inc in atl last week, whats up with hpa only giving away a 737 sic type. Thats about worthless. Did'ent they used to give away the whole type?
 

canyonblue737

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Posts
340
Total Time
?
Mr Hat said:
If Mark says 700 then someone at Southwest who is in the know told him 700. Higher Power is in business to make money, as all business is, but not at the expense of being unethical. Look at the name of the school, believe me they do not have the capability of lying to get people into their school. In fact when I was there, they told us that things were slowing down at Southwest only to have Southwest come in that friday and tell us that it was picking back up. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Higher Power Aviation.

Amen to that. While they are in business to make money they would NOT make up numbers for the sake of drumming up even more. This number has come from internal to SWA and is simply being relayed.

Now all that said, the numbers at SWA are *constantly* changing and 700 may never appear next year. 450+ is for sure, just like 2005 will end up at about 450+.
 

F16TJ

Elated Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2004
Posts
247
Total Time
Enough
Whatever the numbers are, I just wish my call for a class will happen soon.:D This water is deep and it's getting cold. I want to be out and dry before it freezes over. I guess with enough people in it, it won't freeze, so bring on the hiring to insulate us newbies.:beer:
 

Slug

SWA Line Swine
Joined
Dec 6, 2001
Posts
496
Total Time
5000
Warm it up

If you biologically tint the water, to say a yellow hue, the water will magically warm up. Trust me, I spent 18 months drown-proofing. Best 18 months I ever waited for anything.

Slug
 
Top