• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SW has a TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you guys think Southwest would buy 190's and fill the right seat with guys paying to sit there in return for a seniority number at Southwest. They could start a PFT program like Gulfstream and have it managed by Higher Power. Trade in the old 737's for new 190's, start a PFT program and it will save the company tons of cash. Plus, you guys could get your growth again!! I bet you'd have guys at places like Riddle and Jet-U salivating to get that Southwest seniority number.

Last edited:
Gup thanks for the inputs I will keep them in mind when we get something to look at. TZ never made any claims as to knowing anything about contracts.

Blake your just a loser man! I feel sorry for your momma. All that pushing and look it was for nothing.

I'm assuming that was for me and not someone named Blake. Anyhow, yep she pushed and pushed and then gave me away. She must have known what she was doing. It's kinda like your military career, 20+ years and the country got nothing out of it.
icon33.gif

Benhuntin I think you need a math class. I believe you mean 500,000 not the 500,000,00 you are claiming. Back to school. With 500,000,000 out of work we are all in deep chit. Maybe Nancy P. is counting all the furture illegals that will be out of work also.

Vixin I don't need math class our wonderful speaker of the house does.....She is the one that said it. It was posted on the internet and I read it in the Washington Times. I sited the date and section...but thanks for your input.

Then you arent very bright for blindly reading the material and not realizing what it said. Maybe you should have put a little thought in your post and realized the facts you stated were incorrect, as many here have pointed out and you still dont get it.

As for the TA. It will get my NO vote. I already know enough about it to make up my mind. Although I will be in the 35% minority.

Gup,

I completely agree with you, but there is no way that we will ever vote down our TA (when we have one ...) because of dudes like Benh that SWA has hired over the years. Right from the military to SWA where from day one they have been told that we are the best and we are different, and that much of all the other risks in the industry don't apply to Southwest because we kick their ass.

There are so many dudes on our list that truly believe, like Ben, that ATA was perfect example or codeshare that helped us and believe that future scope and codeshare would be good for us. They have no clue.

Bravo. This is so sad but true. The guys screaming at the top of their lungs about the dangers of codeshare are not being heard. We are fighting an uphill battle.

Face it, SWA loves retired military guys such as myself because we are less selfish. We put the good of the company (and therefore our own jobs) ahead of any short term, selfish goals. I've never heard of a retired military guy not getting the job. We're a shoe in. I bet right now, SWA wishes that it had hired nothing BUT retired military.

Vix...thanks I am the dumba$$ for not knowing there aren't 6 billion Americans...write me again in 28 days.

Nice highlighting?? You are a buffoon. The company had no intention of domestic code share. They hung it out like a carrot and bait and switched the NC committee to lay down on the international code share.

Never ceases to amaze me how stupid pilots are.

/voting no on the contract that has any codeshare language. The company can keep their raises and retro.

Thanks for the complement ;)

Don't let your emotions get the best of you!!!

I was just highlighting what I've HEARD, not casting a vote.

Trust me, I've been in commercial aviation for 22 years and I completely understand what's at stake.

I've been called an "Errant Knight" by a few here at WN so you calling me "buffoon" is a joke :laugh:

Just vote NO!!!!

Let me get on record that the only way I will accept codeshare is if the contract stipulates triggers in which we "take" routes once they qualify.

Ok, I'm curious. Who is to decide this? The same man, that has lied to us numerous times?

Give me an example of so called "triggers"? I'm not putting your thought process down, just trying to better understand the angle your coming from and how it would play out.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back