Suze Orman HATES Fractionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

Love her or hate her, she is reasonably well respected. I personally find her very annoying on TV. I was flipping through a friend's "Business Jet Traveler" magazine and read an interview of Suze Orman and her take on fractionals:

"I think they're rip-offs. First of all, you tie up a quarter million dollars or whatever for the luxury of having the plane whenever you need it, at supposedly a reduced per-hour cost. Oh, give me a break: They charge you round trips even if you're going one way. I would not own a fractional share if my life depended on it."

Instead, she charters a Beechjet when she needs it for business. I thought her comment was interesting and inflammatory - but that is who she is... She's pretty annoying.

Ironic, since the charter is the one that'll bill you for the round-trip, and the fractional won't.

Watching Suze Orman for advice on high finance is like asking a McDonald's cook for culinary advice.

Last edited:
Love her or hate her, she is reasonably well respected. I personally find her very annoying on TV. I was flipping through a friend's "Business Jet Traveler" magazine and read an interview of Suze Orman...
Each their own, but I find it funny that she makes her living telling other people what to do, yet she doesn't have the grasp of the fractional concept. Perhaps we should all send her an email explaining it to her.:)

Each their own, but I find it funny that she makes her living telling other people what to do, yet she doesn't have the grasp of the fractional concept. Perhaps we should all send her an email explaining it to her.:)

Hmmmmmm. A television pontificator that knows absolutely nothing about the subject on which they speak. How unique. :smash:

Ironic, since the charter is the one that'll bill you for the round-trip, and the fractional won't.

Watching Suze Orman for advice on high finance is like asking a McDonald's cook for culinary advice.

Actually, since charter is a commodity, we charge whatever we can. Ideally, it would be a full round trip for every leg, and then sell the empty for full boat as well. The reality in the current market is that you probably can't even sell the one way at a full one way rate. It is pretty dog-eat-dog in the charter world.

A number of flight departments have come up with break even numbers for how many hours per year must be flown when choosing between charter, fractional, and whole ownership of corporate aircraft. Then there are a number of other considerations as well, such as quality and availability of charter operators in your area, security issues, tax issues, etc.

I don't agree with Suze's viewpoint that Frax are in any way a bad way to go, but they are definitely not right in every situation. Sometimes even the airlines make sence.

Love her or hate her, she is reasonably well respected. I personally find her very annoying on TV. I was flipping through a friend's "Business Jet Traveler" magazine and read an interview of Suze Orman and her take on fractionals:

"I think they're rip-offs. First of all, you tie up a quarter million dollars or whatever for the luxury of having the plane whenever you need it, at supposedly a reduced per-hour cost. Oh, give me a break: They charge you round trips even if you're going one way. I would not own a fractional share if my life depended on it."

Instead, she charters a Beechjet when she needs it for business. I thought her comment was interesting and inflammatory - but that is who she is... She's pretty annoying.

The only thing I have in common with this woman is we both like girls.

Latest resources

Back