Suspected drunk pilot in OMA? Republic/CHQ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Suspected Drunk Pilot in Omaha...

I hear ya. There is always a chance in the American Judicial Sytem. This one is a tough sell though.

There really cracking down on drinking and anything now days. I think he will be very lucky for not serving any jail time...

I never said one word about the pilot, but since you brought it up, guess which group is gonna get drug through the mud over this? I have pointed out that IBT 357 does not have a HIMS program, why not?

You guys need to ask that question not me. If I do not make that obvious shortcoming known now, then please tell me when would be a good time? next one perhaps? or maybe the one after that?

This is not even the first time this has happened over there, still no HIMS program at IBT local 357.

I never said one word about the pilot, but since you brought it up, guess which group is gonna get drug through the mud over this? I have pointed out that IBT 357 does not have a HIMS program, why not?

You guys need to ask that question not me. If I do not make that obvious shortcoming known now, then please tell me when would be a good time? next one perhaps? or maybe the one after that?

This is not even the first time this has happened over there, still no HIMS program at IBT local 357.

Yep. Snitch..

I was really just commenting on the irony of the situation had the guy tipped the van driver minutes before said van driver made the phone call to ruin his life.. That's all.. D-bag
The pilot made a choice that changed his life. Big difference. He had my complete support right up 'till the moment that he got on the van instead of picking up the phone and asking for help.

"and another one bites the dust"
Proof the pilot shortage is here, his flightwas short one pilot.

I had the opportunity to speak to a hotel staff and a pilot who works for the same company. It is not a great story and it is upsetting that multiple incidents have occurred within the same company in the last 12 months.

I had the opportunity to speak to a hotel staff and a pilot who works for the same company. It is not a great story and it is upsetting that multiple incidents have occurred within the same company in the last 12 months.

It is kind of a crazy story that happened the night before.

Not ironic in the least. The van driver made a call that potentially saved lives. At the very least his call kept the other pilot from being placed in a tough spot. Please stop being an idiot--the van driver's phone call didn't ruin this pilot's life. THE PILOT RUINED HIS OWN LIFE. The fact that you are incapable of making that distinction makes me question whether you should be in the cockpit at all. What is it with this generation of kids that cannot take responsibility for their actions? Geesh!

Bull. The van driver is a prick. He could have confronted the pilot in the van. If he would have let the pilot know he was calling the police, I'm sure the pilot would have gone back to the hotel with the van driver. The van driver is a rat, plain and simple. It's still the pilot's fault also, but the van driver is a scumbag.

Bull. The van driver is a prick. He could have confronted the pilot in the van. If he would have let the pilot know he was calling the police, I'm sure the pilot would have gone back to the hotel with the van driver. The van driver is a rat, plain and simple. It's still the pilot's fault also, but the van driver is a scumbag.
What are you basing the assumption that he didn't confront him on?

Hopefully, he will be able to stand up and face the consequences of his own actions and forge some sort of life moving forward. Every second he spends indulging in the 'stop snitching' ghetto mentality will lead him to ruin.

Confronting drunk pilots and saving them from themselves is not in a van drivers wheelhouse.

Interesting that you have nothing to say about the other crewmember, who actually fully understands how all aspects of the drunk in the van scenario play out. If anyone is honor-bound to protect the fool's career, it's him. Of course, that would require an assumption that he was fully aware of his(her?) partner being drunk.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back