Suppy and Demand and Unionized labor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dead on man.

I remember when I was a union volunteer I use to help with the new hire briefings the union put on at the training center.

I sat back in disbelief and listened to kids tell me how they were willing to work for sub par wages to help the company prosper. And in the next breath they let me know how much they disliked unions and were not looking forward to paying dues after their year probation was up.

What the hell is being taught to these kids in school?

The CEO of our company gave a pep talk to our recurrent class a couple years ago and some young pilot acutually thanked him for coming in and telling us how airlines really worked; he then mentioned how he was tired of hearing everyone complain about crappy work conditions.

That is the biggest load of spin garbage I have read in a long time. Whom ever wrote that is one hell of a ******************************.

With slavery the Master has to house and feed the slaves. With economic slavery the slaves must house and feed themselves........

Wage slaves....

With the mass production of cheap goods, as wages stagnant, the cost of many goods are down. Who cares about reality when Americans have flat screens TVs and SUVs.

What's the problem? Hence the ignorance is bliss crowd who will argue the status quo....

Those who control power and wealth hate unions becuase they allow access to govt amongst other things..

That is the biggest load of spin garbage I have read in a long time. Whom ever wrote that is one hell of a ******************************.

I believe you would use 'who' instead of 'whom' in that statement. The whole 'object' versus 'subject' thing.

America, the place where people in poverty are overwight

Dead on man.

I remember when I was a union volunteer I use to help with the new hire briefings the union put on at the training center.

I sat back in disbelief and listened to kids tell me how they were willing to work for sub par wages to help the company prosper. And in the next breath they let me know how much they disliked unions and were not looking forward to paying dues after their year probation was up.

What the hell is being taught to these kids in school?
Oh the irony with this one. Just like when ALPA urges its pilots to take pay cuts "to live to fight another day". Or when the union comes up with stupid ideas of pay freezes to promise bringing more airframes onto the property.

I loved when I was a new hire at my first regional and the union guys came in and told us "Company bad, Union good. Sign this so we can take 2% of your paycheck after your first year".

What are kids being taught? Well as long as the liberals run this country into the ground, they're doing their best to keep the kids as dumb as possible, not to think for themselves and to believe what they're told by the government.

and have 26 inch rims on their SUVs, can't pay their child support. Get free cell phones and cable. Oh, and they were $150 Nike shoes.
Next thing you know they will get free health care.

The cheapest food is the least healthy. At the airport, I can choose a salad for 8.50 or a burger and fries for 4.50. If an airline captain has to consider whether or not to spend the extra 4 dollars, I suspect Americas poor would also have to.

Latest resources

Back