• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sun Country's future

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Temporary recalls are those not for permanent positions. They come back to work from Dec to April. They were all aware this was temporary, but if the company picks up more business and aircraft they could become permanent.

Temporary recalls are those not for permanent positions. They come back to work from Dec to April. They were all aware this was temporary, but if the company picks up more business and aircraft they could become permanent.

They cannot become permanent without rebidding the position. Meaning if 10 permanent positions become avialable and the first 10 on the furlough list accept, any of the temporary pilots not in the top ten will not hold the position and will, unfortunately, be furloughed again.

Last edited:
Skycam, Schafjet gave you one side of the story. I'll give you a more positive spin. We just temporarily recalled 10. We just finished proving runs for etopps 120 & 180 certification. Plans are to come out of bankruptcy in the first quarter of 2010. We will make money in 2009, for the second year in a row.

Thanks to you (and schafjet) for your honest responses. I have some family working there and hope to join them in the future. In the meantime, I'll just keep grinding away. Hope you guys continue to get good news.

Equally classy Midwest pilot. It's a wonder they aren't further along with the integration talks with such enlightened discourse from both sides of the issue.

Potential Bidder for SCA??????

Rumor mill is that the potential buyer is a local (MN connection) wealthy business owner and is checking out the books of SCA.

JUST RUMOR!

When a "wealthy" business owner (self titled aviation expert) bought Pace Airlines in June, it took just over 90 days for the place to go belly up. I hope Sun Country is also doing their due diligence on any new owner.

Latest resources

Back