Sun Country's future

Skycam

Ruprecht...NO!
Total Time
2000+
Wondering if anyone can clue me in as to what Sun Country's plans/goals are for the future regarding expansion, recalling furloughed pilots, future hiring...things like that. I'm especially interested since they sit at the top of my wish list. Thank you!

schafjet

Osama hunter
Total Time
10000+
Your an idiot. The CEO is in jail. Enough said.

Careful, you might be called an idiot yourself. The CEO is Stan Gadek formerly of Air Tran, not in jail, in fact still running the company. Our owner is in jail for things unrelated to SCA, he is accused of running a Ponzi scheme, which was the biggest in US history up until Madoff. We went into bankruptcy to protect ourselves from the criminal activities of our owner, not because of any flawed business plan. That being said, I don't think we will have much growth or oppurtunities to bring back furloughees, let alone hire.

Last edited:

Skycam

Ruprecht...NO!
Total Time
2000+
Careful, you might be called an idiot yourself. The CEO is Stan Gadek formerly of Air Tran, not in jail, in fact still running the company. Our owner is in jail for things unrelated to SCA, he is accused of running a Ponzi scheme, which was the biggest in US history up until Madoff. We went into bankruptcy to protect ourselves from the criminal activities of our owner, not because of any flawed business plan. That being said, I don't think we will have much growth or oppurtunities to bring back furloughees, let alone hire.
Sorry to hear that. Thanks for the honest, insult-free reply. all the best to you guys.

filejw

Total Time
From such a well informed individual ..can't remember who told me but...."If you are going to make a strong statement make sure you are right ".

fredthead

Total Time
15000+
Skycam, Schafjet gave you one side of the story. I'll give you a more positive spin. We just temporarily recalled 10. We just finished proving runs for etopps 120 & 180 certification. Plans are to come out of bankruptcy in the first quarter of 2010. We will make money in 2009, for the second year in a row.

waka

Emasculating the Right
Total Time
4?
For someone that doesn't know the difference between something as elementary as your vs you're, I wouldn't be calling others names.:rolleyes:

thunderworm

the Hoff
Total Time
what does " temporarily recalled " mean?

fredthead

Total Time
15000+
Temporary recalls are those not for permanent positions. They come back to work from Dec to April. They were all aware this was temporary, but if the company picks up more business and aircraft they could become permanent.

1031Guy

Total Time
5000+
Temporary recalls are those not for permanent positions. They come back to work from Dec to April. They were all aware this was temporary, but if the company picks up more business and aircraft they could become permanent.
They cannot become permanent without rebidding the position. Meaning if 10 permanent positions become avialable and the first 10 on the furlough list accept, any of the temporary pilots not in the top ten will not hold the position and will, unfortunately, be furloughed again.

Last edited:

Skycam

Ruprecht...NO!
Total Time
2000+
Skycam, Schafjet gave you one side of the story. I'll give you a more positive spin. We just temporarily recalled 10. We just finished proving runs for etopps 120 & 180 certification. Plans are to come out of bankruptcy in the first quarter of 2010. We will make money in 2009, for the second year in a row.
Thanks to you (and schafjet) for your honest responses. I have some family working there and hope to join them in the future. In the meantime, I'll just keep grinding away. Hope you guys continue to get good news.

thepotato232

Tuberriffic
Total Time
>0
Equally classy Midwest pilot. It's a wonder they aren't further along with the integration talks with such enlightened discourse from both sides of the issue.

Peardc10

Total Time
17K+
Potential Bidder for SCA??????

Rumor mill is that the potential buyer is a local (MN connection) wealthy business owner and is checking out the books of SCA.

JUST RUMOR!

EatinRamen

Total Time
4500+
When a "wealthy" business owner (self titled aviation expert) bought Pace Airlines in June, it took just over 90 days for the place to go belly up. I hope Sun Country is also doing their due diligence on any new owner.