Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

B-atch

broke, and getting worse.
Sully and Jeff Skiles will crew flight 1427 from LGA to Clt at 1255. On the news now.

Didn't he have to requal, so wouldn't his first flight be OE/SOE, not with a line FO. Or are they playing this as his first flight back even thought he's done a trip or two already, gotta love the media.

So, who was flying the plane on that fateful day anyway? I heard Sully on the radio say he was heading for the Hudson, meaning he was PNF, right? Or was he a one man job? I guess Skiles and his 29 years at USAir East wasn't good enough to do one or the other, PF or PNF? Maybe Sully will teach CRM during emergencies to the East and West pilots in PHX. Fun times.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I read a big article on NYDAILYNEWS.com about the event. There is a brief sentence way down in the middle of the article about Jeff Skiles being on board.

8 1/2 months off line and no IOE? Only Sully could pull that off.

They've already flown before today. Just separately. This was them together on the same route out of LGA.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/01/sullenberger-flies-fateful-route-again-to-cheers/?hp
Both pilots had flown again since that January day, but this would be their first time together on the route they were supposed to have flown. Their reunion attracted a sellout crowd that included a few passengers who survived the splashdown, several reporters and the chief executive of the airline, Doug Parker.

So, who was flying the plane on that fateful day anyway? I heard Sully on the radio say he was heading for the Hudson, meaning he was PNF, right? Or was he a one man job? I guess Skiles and his 29 years at USAir East wasn't good enough to do one or the other, PF or PNF? Maybe Sully will teach CRM during emergencies to the East and West pilots in PHX. Fun times.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I guess you know the procedures for USAIR huh? Could it be they do things differently than Delta????

On the 400 our procedures are for the flying pilot to fly and work the radio and the NFP works the checklist.

Latest resources

Back