• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Suicide on UAL jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What a selfish way to go. My condolences go out to the FA that found that guy.

You just never know what is going to happen these days on an airplane. Keep an eye out.

FN FAL said:
What would an FFDO do? Shoot the guy? Yea, that's the ticket.

If he decided to breach the cockpit and take the whole plane with him, yeah.
You got a problem with that or do you just wish for a 7.62X51 to settle the "issue"?
I have no problem with a more powerful calibre, if that's your desire...

Last edited:
Here's a picture of him:

http://www.miami.com/images/miami/miamiherald/13831/191300750793.jpg

And just look at what he did to a poor, defenseless Ford GT. :(

http://www.miami.com/images/miami/miamiherald/13831/191296767465.jpg

Posted on Thu, Feb. 09, 2006
Man accused of torching dealership kills self on flight to L.A.

BY DAVID OVALLE

The man accused of torching a North Miami-Dade car dealership because he was unhappy with the deal he got on a car killed himself aboard a flight from Washington D.C. to Los Angeles, officials confirmed Thursday.
Gerald Georgettis was found in a bathroom aboard United Flight 209, which made an emergency landing at Denver International Airport on Wednesday afternoon. He was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.
His death was first reported Thursday morning by Miami Herald news partner WFOR-CBS4.
It was unclear how he killed himself, but Denver police stressed no other passengers were in danger. CBS 4 reported he hanged himself. In a case that drew widespread attention in South Florida, police say that on Saturday Georgettis was upset with the deal he got on a Ford Escape at the Metro Ford dealership at 900 NW Seventh Ave.
Georgettis plowed the new car into the showroom glass, then set the business on fire, Miami-Dade police. He worked for the city of North Miami Beach and handed in his resignation on Monday.
''I'm shocked. I still can't believe it,'' North Miami Beach Mayor Raymond Marin told The Miami Herald Thursday morning. ``I know him as nothing more than an nice guy. I can't say anything bad about him. I don't know what happened.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/13831219.htm

Shrek said:
What a selfish way to go. My condolences go out to the FA that found that guy.

You just never know what is going to happen these days on an airplane. Keep an eye out.
Makes a good case for some of the cockpit security procedures we have. If this self destructive guy had gotten in the cockpit who knows what would have happened. Obviously he had no problem with crashing and burning things. I suspect that was the plan and he got frustrated and went to the back. Sad story.

He must have been a midget to hang himself in one of those lavs. Anybody who has ridden coach from LAX to Sydney has certainly contemplated it, but then realized it was an impossible feat-- Well, turns out it is possible. Great, now theres going to be a epidemic of lavatory hangings on long haul flights.

Latest resources

Back