Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jetsi

Zoo Crew
My wife is telling me about this, said she just saw it on the news.

A guy took his SUV to the dealer in CA, set it on fire, went to jail, then got out on bond.

Then he went and took a UA flight and killed himself while on the jet, making it divert to DEN.

Anybody heard anything else about this?

Jetsi

from the LA Times

11:44 AM PST, February 9, 2006latimes.com : National News

Man Apparently Kills Himself on Plane

By Associated Press DENVER -- A man apparently hanged himself in an airplane lavatory during a flight that was diverted to Denver after his body was discovered, police said.

Denver medical examiner's spokeswoman Michelle Weiss-Samaras said an autopsy was planned for the body of Gerald Georgettis, 56, of Miami, which was found Wednesday on a United Airlines flight from Washington, D.C., to Los Angeles.

"Right now, everything leads us to believe the male involved did commit suicide," police Detective Virginia Lopez said. No other passengers were ever in danger, she added.

A man with the same name and age was charged with arson and felony criminal mischief in Miami after a fire caused nearly $1 million in damage at a Ford dealership on Saturday. Weiss-Samaras and Miami-Dade County police could not confirm it was the same man.

The arson suspect was accused of driving his new Ford through the dealership showroom, pouring gasoline on it and lighting it. Police have said he was upset about the price.

Man, talk about anger management. Too bad somebody couldn't help this guy out before he got so out of control.

Well allrighty,

Wife heard the story, told me 5 minutes later and screwed it all up LOL.

And she thinks the FFDO program is wrong. Too many crazies getting on jets these days.

Jetsi

Good thing he burned a Ford dealer then killed himself rather then kill himself (and others) on a jet.

Jetsi said:
Well allrighty,

Wife heard the story, told me 5 minutes later and screwed it all up LOL.

And she thinks the FFDO program is wrong. Too many crazies getting on jets these days.

Jetsi
What would an FFDO do? Shoot the guy? Yea, that's the ticket.

Probably just sick of bad airline food and fat mean flight attendents....

FN FAL said:
What would an FFDO do? Shoot the guy? Yea, that's the ticket.

For hanging himself, no. That is idiotic.

But a person who is committing suicide doesn't care about the people around him. And I wouldn't be surprised if a person with suicidal tendencies rushed the cockpit at a moment of opportunity. It was typed in the same philisophy that SWA/FO stated. So apparently I am not the only one who thought so.

Just my humble opinion.

Jetsi

Latest resources

Back