• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Suck it, Duane.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's a thought: how about calling the First Officer Rep of your council? Another option is your Membership Committee Chairman or local rep. This initiation fee is an ongoing problem, and I'm sure your elected reps have dealt with it many times before. I know I have. They can probably fix it for you almost immediately.

PCL_128 said:
Here's a thought: how about calling the First Officer Rep of your council? Another option is your Membership Committee Chairman or local rep. This initiation fee is an ongoing problem, and I'm sure your elected reps have dealt with it many times before. I know I have. They can probably fix it for you almost immediately.

Maybe if the elected reps quit pocketing the $25 checks, they would make it to ALPA and the nasty-grams would stop. I think it is very greedy to take your kickbacks instead of waiting for them to be given to you.

I remember the initiation fee that you're talking about. The $25 is due at the end of your probationary year. I think that they send a bill normally.

I think that you can also go into bad standing for not paying your ALPA insurance premiums.

=====
As far as Duane's salary, can't you see he's raising the bar? He is single-handedly raising the average airline pilot salary so it looks like we all make respectable salaries.

mesaba2425 said:
Wow!! Talk about being overpaid.

Wow. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. (Although, I guess "management lackey" didn't make the list.)

Sig said:
Overs, you gibbering little fellatrix- I blame them for not letting me know this fee was over due, then I blame them for kicking me out after I paid. Twice.

I can't tell if it's impotence or incontinence, or maybe incompetence... go have a stroke.

Cry me a river.

Ignorance is not an excuse. It has always been there in black and white. Those who don't choose to read are just as ignorant as those who can't.

Could this entire event have been prevented if you had submitted the check on time? Or had you?

ARTICLE IX - MEMBERSHIP FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS​

SECTION 1 - GENERAL

All fiscal obligations of a member to the Association are due and payable as provided in this Article​

IX and, subject to the provisions hereof. All membership financial obligations and information
requests are due by the published due date.​

SECTION 2 - INITIATION FEE​

A. Each applicant accepted by the Association for Active membership shall be required to pay an​

initiation fee, except that an initiation fee shall not be required by any applicant whose membership
or representation is transferred from an affiliate Association or any other recognized union
representing pilots and flight officers, or is a reactivated member as in Article II, Section 3.
B. When application for membership is submitted within ninety (90) days after the applicant's
date of eligibility for Active membership, the initiation fee, based upon the applicant's status at the
time of eligibility for membership, shall be:​

STATUS INITIATION FEE​

Captains $ 50.00​

First Officers and Second Officers $ 25.00
C. When application for membership is submitted later than ninety (90) days after the applicant's
date of eligibility for Active membership, the initiation fee, based upon the applicant's status at the
time of application for membership, shall be:​

STATUS INITIATION FEE​

Captain $ 200.00​

First Officers and Second Officers $ 50.00​

Last edited:
Well, that and the $500,000 k paid to DW . . .

Uh, the union is there to serve YOU, not the other way around. I'm already the company's BI-ATCH, now I must be DW's as well?

It's crap like this that makes me seriously consider the "dues-paying, mx fee only" non-member option.

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Ignorance is not an excuse. It has always been there in black and white. Those who don't choose to read are just as ignorant as those who can't.

Could this entire event have been prevented if you had submitted the check on time? Or had you?

I would bet that ALPA cashed Sig's checks. What part of the bylaws does it address sending notices of bad standing after they accept your money?

Latest resources

Back