Suck it, Duane.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sig= "Typical Angry White Guy".

I have dealt in this area before, and know that ALPA does not and cannot expel someone with no warning. And generally you have to owe thousands of dollars to get to that level.

We have a guy here who has owed thousands of dollars for years. He flat out told our MEC to pound sand. He has recieved countless letters from ALPA legal, personal visits from our MEC reps, phone calls, etc. He even got talked to by a chief pilot for his pending termination (IAW our PWA for delinquency). Long story short, he knew what was happening and chose to take ALPA on.

So saying all of that, I find it very hard to believe that someone got kicked out of the union for owing $25 for a year, and claims he had no idea. All he had to do was call his membership analyist after the first nastygram and get it fixed. As said above, ignorance is not an excuse.

FWIW....

ApA had an open shop policy, and touted a 90% membership rate. I was told that "this is such a great union that we don't have to force anyone to join." Just a few yers ago (hmmmmmm, timing) they changed their minds and have instituted a closed shop policy. Gee, I wonder why.

I once had the opportunity to make Duane Woerth choke on his sandwich. It felt good.

Vastly Underemp said:
I once had the opportunity to make Duane Woerth choke on his sandwich. It felt good.

What did you do? Ask him how much of a pay cut he'll take if he gets voted out of office this October and goes back to the line at NWA?

Simple math. What 2% they'll fight for when pinned between the mainline and the regional?
Mainlines 2% is worth more than the regionals 2%
These feelings have nothing to do with this case in particular but rather with the feeling of LACK OF REPRESENTATION that the Regional pilots feel from ALPA.
The biggest conflict of interests is having one union representing both pilot groups

Latest resources

Back