Suck it, Duane.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fugghedabowdit said:
I heard somewhere that you can legally give what would have been your dues to a charity of your choice. Any truth to this?
I think that there is something like that available. I remember hearing a court case about a teacher who didn't want to pay his dues to the NEA. Supposedly the NEA gave money to planned parenthood, or something like that, and he didn't want his money used to support abortions.

The result was that he still had to pay dues, but he could give them to some other organization.

Last edited:
Oh, no, I understood you the first time . . .

Sig said:
I'm not delinquent on my dues- I didn't pay some mysterious "Initiation Fee." My dues were yanked from my paycheck... and I don't really recall signing the document that allowed it. I don't care- I'll willingly pay, especially to contribute to strike funds and the like. But I was never told about BAD STANDINGism- that kinda ticked me off. They're still deducting dues from my paycheck.

Yup. I got-ya. You're not the first pilot this has happened to. I've had friends at Mesa get the same treatment . . . pay dues, then get nasty-grams when ALPA lost the $25 check -or- ALPA went a year before they decided to send them a bill along with the "BS" nasty-gram.

You're the first one to come up with such a colorful protest, "suck it dwane" letter though! :)

Classic!!

Sig,

Stop being a little bitch. I'm sure ALPA wasn't trying to screw you. It's only $25 dollars. Give me a break! If you're not responsible enough to check on your initiation fees then don't blame ALPA. You sound like an idiot to me and if I was running ALPA I'd kick you out for simply being a jackass.

Good day now.

Business and Commercial Aviation, April 2006, "The Teamsters' Fractionalized Air Corps," 81: "It may have been an unintended salute to the Teamster's local [IBT Local 1108], but during a January news conference in washington, none other than ALPA President Duane Woerth responded to a question about the b leak prospects for his members thusly: "I tell 'em to go check out NetJets... Go fly for Warren Buffet."

The dude extorts your dues from you, and this is the advice he gives in return.

did you try contacting your rep on the matter? instead of kvetching on here?
i'm not saying alpa nat'l isn't messed up, but ******************** happens sometimes man, clerical problems, lost mail, etc

dashjockey said:
did you try contacting your rep on the matter? instead of kvetching on here?
i'm not saying alpa nat'l isn't messed up, but ******************** happens sometimes man, clerical problems, lost mail, etc

Yea... And even if its ALPA's fault look out!!! When it comes to them and there money..... Its like the Sapranos!!!!!

Captain Overs said:
Sig,

Stop being a little bitch. I'm sure ALPA wasn't trying to screw you. It's only $25 dollars. Give me a break! If you're not responsible enough to check on your initiation fees then don't blame ALPA. You sound like an idiot to me and if I was running ALPA I'd kick you out for simply being a jackass.

Good day now.

Overs, you gibbering little fellatrix- I blame them for not letting me know this fee was over due, then I blame them for kicking me out after I paid. Twice.

I can't tell if it's impotence or incontinence, or maybe incompetence... go have a stroke.

Believe it or not, the same thing happened to me. I went from "BAD STANDING" to expelled following three months and as many checks. (Two of which actually cleared. I'm so glad ALPA doesn't run a bank.)

The crowning moment of stupidity, though, was the month I got billed for my father's ALPA dues.

Latest resources

Back