Stupid Airline Management Quotes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DH2WN,

Chicago was a pit. I did my time over there, so I can speak from first hand experience :) There were so many things wrong with that station that I'm not sure there was anything *right* with it. The terminal sucked, the infrastructure sucked, the IT system sucked, gate planning was poorly done, and staffing sucked. Did I miss anything? My biggest gripe was that UAL knew exactly what was going on, and they kept dumping more and more on ACA. What "mainline" forgot was that by having Express cause them a black eye, people avoided the UAL product period. Eagle, on the other hand, was a halfway decent operation from what I could tell. (Flew on 'em a couple of times to...)

DH2WN said:
I'm a former ACA United Express pilot and many months ago I was eating dinner with two United pilot friends. I was telling them a story how I was held in the "box" in ORD for an hour because United couldn't get their gate situation figured out. There were lots of United traffic delayed and the United controllers kept using our gate for United planes. The one United pilot said yeah, "You're Express, they would never do that to us." The other United pilot states, "Yeah, it's because your Express. Sorry but that's just the way it is."

I said, "Listen to yourselves. Do you realize the passengers in the back are on United? They bought a ticket from United!"

They looked at each other and realized there are more problems with United then they could possibly comprehend.

Each pilot is a good friend of mine and each admits they look at Express carriers as bottom feeders. And these are my friends.

Independence had no choice but to dump United and the above is a small example of the chasm United has gotten themselves into. I have seen first hand the United operation. The money you waste during every flight is daunting. I hope each of you remains gainfully employed but bashing Independence is the pot calling the kettle black.

I dont think any of those decisions were ment to dump on ACA. The main product( UAL's aircraft ) should never take a gate delay for the feed. Its simple math...one RJ can only have 50 pax maximum.....even the smallest mainline AC will have 130+ pax (depending on the load for that AC that day for that gate) plus the outbound load. By delaying the RJ....you are spreading the pain to the smallest group of customers possible.

MickeySlapnutz said:
I dont think any of those decisions were ment to dump on ACA. The main product( UAL's aircraft ) should never take a gate delay for the feed. Its simple math...one RJ can only have 50 pax maximum.....even the smallest mainline AC will have 130+ pax (depending on the load for that AC that day for that gate) plus the outbound load. By delaying the RJ....you are spreading the pain to the smallest group of customers possible.

I understand what you are saying but I was just giving one example. This was a constant at ORD. Thousands of pax a month felt this pain. If you commute enough you know the express carriers are a shambles but it's United's contracts with them that puts them in the situation. Fee for departure means who cares who is on board just get the flight out on time. I have many times been told to leave the passengers behind who were ready to get on board with 5 minutes to go to get out on time. ACA didn't care about the passenger because the customer was United and United said get out on time. We made a ton of money by not caring about the passenger but we sure cared about the customer. United got greedy and took ACA for granted and look what happened. Now they are doing it again with AWAC. AWAC is going to move on too.

Independence, while still essentially ACA, is a completely different company now with a different personality. The finances are in dissaray, like United, but the employees are really pulling to make it work. For people on here to put them down without knowing the facts is insulting. I am moving on from Independence to SWA but I truly think Independence is going to be a great company because of the caring employees they have. They have been around 6 months, give them a chance before you bury them alive.

Last edited:
For those of you who have not yet realized it, MickeySlapNutz and "Etoper" from the yahoo boards are one in the same.

Just ignore this loser.:rolleyes:

Always deferred said:
For those of you who have not yet realized it, MickeySlapNutz and "Etoper" from the yahoo boards are one in the same.

Just ignore this loser.:rolleyes:

Nope. This is the only board I read and post to. Etoper is some other loser.....
Dont shoot the messanger kids. I'll post my resume below so you can see just how qualified I am:

Visionary leader. Growth-oriented. Committed to service and safety.

The story behind the vision for Stupid Management Quotes, cannot be told without first understanding the story of MickeySlapnutz.

VISIONARY
MickeySlapnutz co-founded Stupid Management Quotes 15 years ago, and since that time has seen his vision through to its ultimate potential — transforming it from a tiny thread with a few dozen posts into America's newest Stupid Management Quotes, and bringing excellent Stupid Management Quotes to communities that have been demanding greater competition and stupider quotes for years.

Hey...if it works for Kerry Skeen....then it must be good.

MickeySlapnutz said:
VISIONARY
MickeySlapnutz co-founded Stupid Management Quotes 15 years ago, and since that time has seen his vision through to its ultimate potential — transforming it from a tiny thread with a few dozen posts into America's newest Stupid Management Quotes, and bringing excellent Stupid Management Quotes to communities that have been demanding greater competition and stupider quotes for years.

Hey...if it works for Kerry Skeen....then it must be good.

There's a stupid management quote if I've ever seen one.

MickeySlapnutz said:
This is the only board I read and post to. Etoper is some other loser.....

That's the most hysterical thing I have read from you. At least, you realize you're a loser.

Last edited:
DH2WN said:
That's the most hysterical thing I have read from you. At least, you realize you're a loser.

Thats Mr. Visionary Loser to you pal.......

Latest resources

Back