• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stupid Airline Management Quotes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How many pilots are actually flying an airbus at FLYi and how many years have they been with the company?

Stupid Airline Management Quote of the day winner.....FLYi's Kerry Skeen takes top honors again!

"I think a lot of people wrote us off before the Airbuses got here, and said FLYi is broken, it doesn't work," Skeen told analysts in a conference call earlier this week. "But we just did not have the time to show at least some traction on how the A319s are doing."

Translation: All our people were busy hideing from our creditors and tap-danceing in front of accounting lawyers to make up some bogus stats. Anyway...no one was rideing on the empty things so what was the point.

"There have been a lot of smiles around here," Flyi Chairman Kerry B. Skeen said in an interview. This irked me when I read it. After laying off 500 pilots and however many other employees, it seems like he could have picked his words a bit better in celebration of new financing terms.

Originally Posted by SWABound
Dave Siegel said:
Mugs said:
Again, what government money is being flushed away by UAL right now?

It's just that United pilots are upset that independence airbus pilots are now making more money than United airbus and 737 pilots. Also they are working for an airline that cares about it's employees and customers.

I think it's called jealousy.

You're right! Just like the crew of the Titanic! As the ship is sinking, they're all looking at each other, and they're in complete disbelief. When are they going to wake up!

Classy statements gents,
let me guess, 5-6 years ago when UAL was hiring like mad, you guy's wouldn't have chopped off your left one just get an interview.

Probably not since you guy's can read tea leaves and knew that UAL and most of the legacies would be in it's present condition right?

Thankfully I know enough real SWA pilots who don't share your sentiments towards your "fellow aviators".

Good luck fella's, and yea I'm real Jealous of you guy's alright

Dave Siegel said:
Mugs said:

Quote:

Did UAL repay their ATSB loan? I didn't think so. Maybe that's the government money Mugs is talking about.

I'd call you a moron, but I'm better than that.

It's just that United pilots are upset that independence airbus pilots are now making more money than United airbus and 737 pilots. Also they are working for an airline that cares about it's employees and customers.

Siegel, I have to believe you are joking. One of the biggest airline stories last year was United not getting the ATSB loan guarantee. If you are wondering why you have no credibility on this board, this is why. I challenge you and SWAbound to do 2 minutes worth of research, and then make corrections to your posts.

koko nw said:
Originally Posted by SWABound
Dave Siegel said:
Mugs said:

You're right! Just like the crew of the Titanic! As the ship is sinking, they're all looking at each other, and they're in complete disbelief. When are they going to wake up!

Classy statements gents,
let me guess, 5-6 years ago when UAL was hiring like mad, you guy's wouldn't have chopped off your left one just get an interview.

Probably not since you guy's can read tea leaves and knew that UAL and most of the legacies would be in it's present condition right?

Thankfully I know enough real SWA pilots who don't share your sentiments towards your "fellow aviators".

Good luck fella's, and yea I'm real Jealous of you guy's alright

I like how you put "fellow aviators" in quotes because the majority of United pilots treat the express pilots like 3rd class citizens. I never applied 5-6 years ago. I'm not female so I would never have gotten an interview.

SWA BOUND SAID "I like how you put "fellow aviators" in quotes because the majority of United pilots treat the express pilots like 3rd class citizens. I never applied 5-6 years ago. I'm not female so I would never have gotten an interview"

I see know where your angst comes from. Your right out of the 3000+ hired during the "boom" of 95-99, most were women and minorities.....yaaa right.

Half my class were pure civilian backgrounds, with one count em one female. Sorry about your treatment by the "Majority" of UAL pilots towards there express carriers.

You really need to get some counseling for your bitterness dude and move on.

Good luck at SWA, a great company. I'm sure your personality will win em over during your interview.

I'm a former ACA United Express pilot and many months ago I was eating dinner with two United pilot friends. I was telling them a story how I was held in the "box" in ORD for an hour because United couldn't get their gate situation figured out. There were lots of United traffic delayed and the United controllers kept using our gate for United planes. The one United pilot said yeah, "You're Express, they would never do that to us." The other United pilot states, "Yeah, it's because your Express. Sorry but that's just the way it is."

I said, "Listen to yourselves. Do you realize the passengers in the back are on United? They bought a ticket from United!"

They looked at each other and realized there are more problems with United then they could possibly comprehend.

Each pilot is a good friend of mine and each admits they look at Express carriers as bottom feeders. And these are my friends.

Independence had no choice but to dump United and the above is a small example of the chasm United has gotten themselves into. I have seen first hand the United operation. The money you waste during every flight is daunting. I hope each of you remains gainfully employed but bashing Independence is the pot calling the kettle black.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back