Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MickeySlapnutz

I just wanna be loved....
Just to help explain in very easy to understand language what "they" were really saying.

FLYi:Have Enough Runway To Transition To Low-Cost Carrier
dji.gif

[font=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Tuesday February 22, 1:10 PM EST [/font]

[font=Verdana,Sans-Serif][/font]
[font=Verdana,Sans-Serif]NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--FLYi Inc. (FLYI), parent of Independence Air, has " enough additional runway" to finish its transition to a low-cost carrier now that the airline's airplane lessors agreed to new terms, executives said.

Even so, executives didn't rule out returning to fee-per-departure regional operations, and they are bidding for a deal to operate flights for UAL Corp. ( UALAQ) - the very same deal they terminated last year.

Translation: Take back your crappy RJ's and get d!ck....or let us try to ho for United again.
[/font]

Translation: We have a fiduciary duty to say we will look at all options.

Reality: keep dreaming slapnutz, it ain't ever gonna happen.

Nice try. It still amazes me how angry and bitter some people are. Yes we restructured without the aid of the bankrupcy court, I'm sorry you couldn't do the same. Have a nice day.

Indypilot said:

Reality: keep dreaming slapnutz, it ain't ever gonna happen.

Nice try. It still amazes me how angry and bitter some people are. Yes we restructured without the aid of the bankrupcy court, I'm sorry you couldn't do the same. Have a nice day.

"We have a fiduciary duty to say we will look at all options".

Oh my God....looks like someone has been eating the company bullstien and asking for seconds.
Must be a FLYi intern.....Can I get a coffee over here!
I'm not angry, bitter or bankrupt, but I am having a nice day.

Wow.. How can you think independence is stupid? They are the only ones in the industry who have Execs. who seem to know how to get out of a mess without begging for money from the government.

Go independence..

SWABound said:
Wow.. How can you think independence is stupid? They are the only ones in the industry who have Execs. who seem to know how to get out of a mess without begging for money from the government.

Go independence..

Out of a mess huh? Have you taken a look at their last financial report and their CASM? Your mistaking this wet band aid for stitches. To answer your question you can say they were stupid for giving guaranteed income for the situation they are in now. Are these execs your giving credit to not the same ones that got them in this very predictable situation? As far as begging for money from the government...are you reffering to airlines in BK or the ones that asked for money after 911?

D-Bo

D-Bo said:
As far as begging for money from the government...are you reffering to airlines in BK or the ones that asked for money after 911?

D-Bo

Is there a difference? I don't think so. United and US Air were dying before 911 and they are using it as an excuse to flush more taxpayer money down the toilet. They should take a page from independence and work out their problems on their own or bow out.

Yes we restructured without the aid of the bankrupcy court,

I hope you are correct, however I'd say you might need to wait at least six months to actually make this judgement.

They are the only ones in the industry who have Execs. who seem to know how to get out of a mess without begging for money from the government.

Again, I hope you are right, but how do you know?

Indypilot said:

I've seen you Indy guys hide behind this a number of times. By the same argument, If I sent a letter to Indy asking them to bid on mowing my lawn they'd have a "fiduciary duty" to respond. You talked a lot of smack about United when you set out on your own. You were proven wrong. Take it like a man.

SWABound said:
Is there a difference? I don't think so. United and US Air were dying before 911 and they are using it as an excuse to flush more taxpayer money down the toilet. They should take a page from independence and work out their problems on their own or bow out.

Just bow out? Without using all the resources legally available to them? Statements like that lose credibility. They should take a page from independence huh? Like I said before...your talking like Independence solved their problems. UAL restructured some contracts before they went C11. Did you view that as a company that is working their problems out on their own or a company that is playing the game as it always has. If you can't correct the fundamental problem and some sort of restructuring appears to be a very strong possibility, you get as much as you can before reaching that point. UAL did it, Airways did it, and DAL is in the process of doing it. It's how the game works. If you can take things away outside of a restructuring process do it and that will be one less thing you have to worry about down the road. You give these execs credit for magically solving Indys problems. Look, any management team that gives up on the guaranteed income in an environment when it's almost impossible to turn a profit in this industry deserve absolutely no credit. Did you also give them credit when they had to chop off half of their seniority list?

Also, like I said in a seperate post, bankruptcy has been around for a very very long time. It's nothing new. It's not only available to airlines. The way you talk it's like you expect a BOD to just let a company go out of business and lose about 80,000 jobs without using all the resources legally available to them because you think they are taking advantage of tax payer money. Are you nuts? Believe me, a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** load of your tax payer dollars are going towards things much much more frivilous than allowing a big company time to work it's problems out. I'm very happy that you are out SWA. Good job. It's rough almost everywhere else. The situation your in is FAR from than norm.

D-Bo

Latest resources

Back