Stupid Airline Management Quotes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
quote:

"Also, like I said in a seperate post, bankruptcy has been around for a very very long time. It's nothing new. It's not only available to airlines. The way you talk it's like you expect a BOD to just let a company go out of business and lose about 80,000 jobs without using all the resources legally available to them because you think they are taking advantage of tax payer money."

I don't recall anybody ever saying that bankruptcy was exclusive to airlines. This is an aviation forum, so gee, the discussions tend to revolve around airlines sometime......who'd a thought??

Nobody is suprised either with management's use of bankruptcy. Alot of people's beef with bankruptcy has to do with it's place in what is supposedly a "free" market economy. I have yet to see one of the "free-market-economy zealots" post a reasonable response ( or one at all ) about how bankruptcy fits into the notion of a truly free-market. Shouldn't the weak just go away and the strong continue?? Thats not what happens with bankrupcy.

furlough-boy said:
I've seen you Indy guys hide behind this a number of times. By the same argument, If I sent a letter to Indy asking them to bid on mowing my lawn they'd have a "fiduciary duty" to respond. You talked a lot of smack about United when you set out on your own. You were proven wrong. Take it like a man.

Careful there, don't lump all the pilots at one company with a "you Indy guys" into one pile. Many of us never even flew a plane with a UEx or Indy paint job on it before hitting the street. I don't know if you work for United or Mesa, and frankly really don't care. But please please plese tell me you have something better to whine, b1tch, moan, complain, or just flat out make ignorant ramarks about. Besides, its been said many times before, had we stayed with UAL it would be the same situation, a smaller company getting played off against the other Uex carriers once every year or two. If I was still working at I-Air I would much rather go down on our own than being the prag of some poorly managed airline with severly disgruntled employees venting their frustration in the wrong direction.

Maybe you should "take it like a man"

Last edited:
SWABound said:
Wow.. How can you think independence is stupid? They are the only ones in the industry who have Execs. who seem to know how to get out of a mess without begging for money from the government.

Go independence..

How can anyone think the clowns running the FLYi circus are worth a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**. Lets face facts girls.....they ran a crappy show when it was ACA. Anyone who has flown on them has seen the goat-rope from the moment you walk in the terminal till you get off the much delayed empty RJ. This is not a slam against any employee group at FLYi/ACA....they are not the ones sinking the ship. But dont stand on the flooding deck and tell folks not to get into the lifeboats just because the ships captain says he planned to hit the iceberg. Its one thing to be loyal to your company...its another to give lousy management a passing grade just because they come out with a stupid press relase saying "all is well".

MickeySlapnutz said:
How can anyone think the clowns running the FLYi circus are worth a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**. Lets face facts girls.....they ran a crappy show when it was ACA. Anyone who has flown on them has seen the goat-rope from the moment you walk in the terminal till you get off the much delayed empty RJ. This is not a slam against any employee group at FLYi/ACA....they are not the ones sinking the ship. But dont stand on the flooding deck and tell folks not to get into the lifeboats just because the ships captain says he planned to hit the iceberg. Its one thing to be loyal to your company...its another to give lousy management a passing grade just because they come out with a stupid press relase saying "all is well".

I donno... Back in the ACA days, they were a pretty good financial performer. As they like to put it (after FlyI began), "Our customer was not the paying passenger, it was United." Because United provided them with all of their revenue and dictated all of their flight schedules (okay, save for the DL Connection stuff with the FRJ), I wouldn't argue with that. So when you say "Crappy show" you should be more specific... Financially or operationally? If you want to bring up ORD, I would argue (and believe) that UAL new what they were getting and knew what they were asking for. If they didn't like the product, they could have done something about it.

Tax money?

United and US Air were dying before 911 and they are using it as an excuse to flush more taxpayer money down the toilet.

Besides the Gov taking over the pension payments, what tax money are these carriers getting. You might want to rethink this statement.

"Lets face facts girls.....they ran a crappy show when it was ACA."

Split Adjusted Low Price as ACA: 0.44 Nov 94
Split Adjusted High Price as ACA: 29.99 Jun 01

Oh yeah, they did horrible alright. Geez that is just a wretched performance. Cant imagine only making that kind of return, what a horrible management team to score a 6716% return from low to high. They did really bad as ACA.

Fact is United, US Air and the rest can't make money with 70% load factors. Indy is just starting and if they post 70% load factors they would be making money. (listen to their financial web cast) United and US Air are flushing government money down the toilet. They take from the employees without fixing their own crappy operation and still can't make money. Give me a break. I know you who work there want it to work out but numbers don't lie. Once independence is a known name like Airtran, SWA, and JetBlue they are going to be rolling in the money. Their service is superior to the "legacy" carriers and prices that will make them money. The "legacy" carriers simply cannot compete and with the money indy is saving with the new agreements only solidifies United's death.

SWABound, I agree 100%. United flies out of a few smaller airports but DC is the key to their operation. The numbers don't lie - exactly right. Of course don't look at the rankings for on time performance, bagging handling, etc - those numbers don't mean anything and the DOT lies for United. Everybody knows that. I have made up some t-shirts for the next kill United pep rally and they are going to sell like hotcakes.

Indypilot said:
"Lets face facts girls.....they ran a crappy show when it was ACA."

Split Adjusted Low Price as ACA: 0.44 Nov 94
Split Adjusted High Price as ACA: 29.99 Jun 01

Oh yeah, they did horrible alright. Geez that is just a wretched performance. Cant imagine only making that kind of return, what a horrible management team to score a 6716% return from low to high. They did really bad as ACA.

Why on earth then have they lost so much money in such short order? Where have all those loyal customers gone? Same planes,crew,management etc....
How can such solid performers tank an airline with just a paintjob?

I have mentioned nothing of their performance as Independence. You stated what you believed to be a fact, that their performance as ACA was bad. I was merely correcting your assumption.

Are you arguing financial or operation performance? You don't make a clear distinction.

Latest resources

Back