Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Students and freshly minted commercial pilots read here!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
de727ups said:
You know CAPT is not accepting new students and ERAU is going to shut it down.

ERAU already gave CAPT the kick on the ass. ERAU told CAPT that whatever cadets they have is it. Train them, graduate them, and ERAU wipes their hands of CAPT. CAPT has stated that there are "suitors" looking to buy the program. I don't know what drugs or liquid libations they are feeding these "suitors" but I sure hope these "suitors" know what they're buying into. And if a "suitor" is reading this, a word to the wise: FIRE MANAGEMENT. And if you need proof, send me a private message and we'll talk.

Last edited:
mcjohn said:
I guess their contract with that big jet cargo company to provide Flight engineers was all a lie. Stupid greedy folks like to lie!

Actually, folks that went to Focus Air Cargo from CAPT are just starting to get into the FE training process. You have to work there as their biatch for a year before you qualify for the training and position.

From what I understand, they are assigned an area of work (filing, booking, paper pushing, copy documents on the nifty xerox machine, etc.) on top of being what's called a "flight follower". Not quite a dispatcher. In short, you're watching an airplane fly and you're being someone's biatch...for a year.

Well there you have it folks! Call up Focus Air Cargo and tell them you want an internship and in a year you'll go into Flight Engineer training. Does anyone think that CAPT will prepare them for becomeing a copier biatch. That 100k spent at CAPT won't do you much good a year later once all the training goes stale. My wife could use a new car and I want my own jet so I'm gonna start this company:
FEFT - Fed Ex Filing Training - I won't even advertise that they'll get into FE training 'cause they won't. They'll just have the opportunity to MAKE CONNECTIONS on the inside by filing and copying things. I'll have to charge twice as much as CAPT did because hey..you know....it's FED EX!!

Last edited:
To be fair to everyone, this privilege is only available to CAPT graduates. Sorry folks. :) I know you were all dying to jump on it.

I doubt Focus will go belly up. There are plenty of classes coming out of CAPT in the next year to keep focus going for a year or two.

Latest resources

Back