Student Pilot Violates Solo Endorsement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The kid needs his butt tore up...

Seriously, if I took off like that, my instructor would kill me...people with an attitude like that do NOT need to be in the air...

I don't think the reaction was overboard...the student got what he deserved...

My solo limits were 5kts max crosswind component 3000/3 or something like that. I had to call my CFI before flying and leave the current winds, ceiling, visibility, and what I was planning on doing.

Of course then, once I was in the plane, I had no intention of doing anything other than what I told him... I had a license to obtain ;) You can take your friends for joyrides later.

Non-endorsed landing

Here's my story, see what you all think I should do. My student was signed off for his long solo X-C. The winds were forcasted to be within the limits and he had a very thurough flight plan made up. Took off went to the first airport no problem landed and took off to the second. Upom ariving at the second airport he check the weather and the winds were over his endorsed limits. He decided to skip the landing and head back to the home base, and try it again another day. While turning to the north and climbing back up to his cruise alt, he figured he better set the heading bug. He knew what radial to follow off of his second airport but couldnt get to it due to the unrecognized error of a heading. He ended up quite a ways off course and decided to call Center to help him find his place. After admiting that he was a student pilot and on a solo X-C, they found where he was and found him the nearest airport. He figured his fuel and thinking conservativly he thought to land (at a non endorsed airport) and regroup, also fill up with gas. I am thinking he did everything safely and correctly, except for the little heading bug thing. I commended him on his decision making and told him not to worry about it and learn as much from it as possible. Just wondering what people think my follow up actions should be with the FAA or filling out a NASA report, or if anyone has a similar experience.

Latest resources

Back