Strike Vote @ ASA...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
uncle_rico said:
let me speculate a bit with you yes voters.....

you are probably single, young and imature in your aviation career, or are just plain stupid. There is a time and a place for everything.....take a look around you and this industry.....

Alpa is nothing but a money making bunch of hollow chest beaters. Grow up and smell the alternative. Strike and you are DONE....then what have you accomplished??

Idiots.....I vote NO NO NO NO NO

Married, 2 year old, newborn and a lot of debt. Besides, the strike vote does not mean anything more than we are willing to walk down that road if mgmt will not play by the rules. If you only had the chance to get to know our mgmt and their tactics. The pilots are just telling mgmt that a deal must be done now. Once again we are doing their jobs as well as ours.

uncle_rico said:
let me speculate a bit with you yes voters.....

you are probably single, young and imature in your aviation career, or are just plain stupid. There is a time and a place for everything.....take a look around you and this industry.....

Alpa is nothing but a money making bunch of hollow chest beaters. Grow up and smell the alternative. Strike and you are DONE....then what have you accomplished??

Idiots.....I vote NO NO NO NO NO

Married, 2 kids, every time I look around at this industry I wanna puke cause of the state that airline managments have F'd it up.

I don't do anything for ALPA National, I pay them for services they provide or will provide me if I ask for them. Here at ASA I do what's best for me and my fellow pilots, obiously not for you.

No one's keeping you from leavin.

Uncle Rico

Brian is that you cruising the msg boards.

married 22 years, 4 kids, been in the game since 85, a little debt. ASA since 98.

I vote YES!

701EV

do any of u besides uncle rico realize what type of economy we are dealing with? if this was the year 2000 again i would vote yes but this is a different day. there are so many other so called airlines and pilots ready to cut our throats. im sure there a thousands of 500 hour wonders ready to be the next shuttle america, and im sure skywest could take our planes and spin that off.

i still enjoy flying airplanes and i sure dont want to be on the street working at chinamart, thinking had i just been a little more patient.

Looks like a menber of your management has decided to chime in -- Uncle Rico/bacardi are one in the same. Likes to start sentences without capitilzation, etc..

Last edited:
bacardi said:
and im sure skywest could take our planes and spin that off.

i still enjoy flying airplanes and i sure dont want to be on the street working at chinamart, thinking had i just been a little more patient.
And the first aircraft that they transferred away would initiate a Single Carrier Petition which would at that point be a slam dunk, which SKW obviously doesn't want to happen. Then they would have a 4000+ pilot group, half of which would be quite upset, with half their fleet parked. How long do you think SKW could survive with HALF their fleet parked? They don't have enough cash in the bank to last long during a strike. Personally I don't want to have to strike. But I will certainly vote YES, because it's time to send a message to ASA, SKW, and DAL management that we have had enough. We aren't asking for more money here, we are asking for QOL of life issues, many of which would SAVE money for the company. Our inept management can't even honor a contract that is 7 years old without daily willful violations. Enough is enough.

Ah a strike vote. How cute. So we vote for the strike. It gets approved. You still have to be released by the NMB. So how close are we to that? I think GLA took a strike vote two years ago ask them how it's working out. Go Get em guys... Put and end to the non-stop abuse... Just out of curiosity what are you all doing when you bid. I'm junior and haven't worked for a week. Am I the only one who has figured the system out?

Hey guys I'm new here and was wondering if someone could describe or direct me to a site that describes the actual issues that are not being agreed upon in this negotiation. Looking for the facts only here.

Also theoretically, if ASA pilots were to strike during my initial training, would it be considered scabbing to continue the training all the way through IOE? Thanks.

Latest resources

Back