Strike Vote @ ASA...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
uncle_rico said:
let me speculate a bit with you yes voters.....

you are probably single, young and imature in your aviation career, or are just plain stupid. There is a time and a place for everything.....take a look around you and this industry.....

Alpa is nothing but a money making bunch of hollow chest beaters. Grow up and smell the alternative. Strike and you are DONE....then what have you accomplished??

Idiots.....I vote NO NO NO NO NO

If I may ask you to take your "right hand" and place it between your legs and ask you too look for your 2 Ba__s. You shall notice that you do not have any.

zawillif said:
Hey guys I'm new here and was wondering if someone could describe or direct me to a site that describes the actual issues that are not being agreed upon in this negotiation. Looking for the facts only here.

Also theoretically, if ASA pilots were to strike during my initial training, would it be considered scabbing to continue the training all the way through IOE? Thanks.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I believe you would finish training if there is still anyone to teach you. I was in the same situation as you at TSA a few years back. You gotta do what the Co. tells you to get through training, after that I would hope you would support your fellow pilots.

Texx said:
If I may ask you to take your "right hand" and place it between your legs and ask you too look for your 2 Ba__s. You shall notice that you do not have any.

you might want to look into English as a second language on your days off.

It's time to send a message folks!!! That's all a strike vote is, a message that the pilot group is unified and wants our managment to negotiate in good faith. They are the ones who have placed us in this position of threats that no one wants to follow through on. When a strike vote is taken we as a pilot group need to send a strong message of our desire for a fair contract that is not reinterpurted.
For all you nay sayers, think about this:
You and your family are at, insert favorite store, shopping. When you check out the prices for all the product are higher than posted, so you question this. The cashier smiles and says to bad they are higher today. You, the cashier, and the store manager get into an argument over this false advertisement and flat out bad practice and unfriendly service. You finally threaten by starting to call your lawyer. At this exacte moment your wife chimes in and says to the manager, "don't worry my husband would never sue you are your store, we love shopping here so we will be back." So much for your attempted negotiating power with the store.....even if you would have never called the lawyer or taken it any further your wife ruined your ability to "bluff" the store.
This is the same thing as pilots going against the union that fights to represent them . Maybe a bad example but the best I can come up with this early after a short night.
Support your MEC Support you SPC Support your Negotiating comittee
Without your supoort it's like pointing an empty gun at the man that is threatening your kids and your wife tell the perp that the gun is empty!
Cheers

Socalplt said:
Looks like a menber of your management has decided to chime in -- Uncle Rico/bacardi are one in the same. Likes to start sentences without capitilzation, etc..

cool I just got a raise! oh by the way....you're fired!

p.s. at least for a few months until ALPA gets your job back

And the first aircraft that they transferred away would initiate a Single Carrier Petition which would at that point be a slam dunk

Don't be so sure of that. They use to transfer A/C between ALG and PDT. In fact it became so common that they used stickers for our company logo, so they could easily transfer them back and forth.

As for the strike vote, 3 kids, a dog, house, commute, and one giant hell yes!!!

A whole-hearted and unquestionable YES as well...

Wife (pregnant), Kid, new house (after being forced to move with little actual help from the company), and single income now.

I would hate to have to strike, but after being pushed to, and sometimes past the limits, it's time to send a clear message. I back all three of the resolutions.

Some recommended reading for this:

Read the book "Confessions of a Union Buster" by Martin Levitt. This guy helped companies bust unions for 25 years, then realized what he was doing, and went public about all the dirty tricks management can pull. Some of all it can seem all to familiar to some of us...

Repost

I would like to resubmit a post I made in July regarding our situation. I think some of the points are still timely:

Observations on my first post here:

Our company has not been negotiating in good faith, but willing to spend untold amounts on lawyers. Hence, we are obligated to stand firm on the issues listed in prior posts including; retro pay, scheduling reform, Comair pay rates at a minimum, and trip/duty rigs. Additionally, ambiguous contract language must be eliminated. Others have stated that we will have to give up something to get retro pay. I fail to understand this reasoning. This seems to indicate we may have to give up something to receive what we are owed by our company.

I cannot understand our MEC's willingness to give on LOA 27. In an environment of teamwork and cooperation I might support such flexibility. We have not been operating in such an environment.

We are a huge cog in the Atlanta operation. It is required of the pilot group to indicate strike willingness, and do so if neccessary. What we gain will be of much greater value in the final analysis than what is lost during the strike. If our company attempts scare tactics to avert strike action, we must be unfazed. This is standard procedure in a situation such as this. Any threats levied by the company which are actually valid, will come to pass regardless of the contract negotiation/strike outcome.

Latest resources

Back