• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Street Captains

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I were on the Freedom A list I would most likely be a Captain already. All of those guys are senior enough to hold it in the CRJ in at least one Domicle. (IAD). I on the other hand came in right after the Freedom debacle and I am on the CRJ. We can't bid to Dash-8 captain as of right now. My wife told me that I had to either leave Mesa or stop camplaining about it. I am never going to stop camplaining about it so I have to leave. I am just considering my options as of right now. I could go to a lot of places but I am most intrested in being a captain and logging some PIC turbin time. Lots of respectable places to work that I don't need the PIC turbine and I am in the process of applying to those as of right now. I have the flight time to hold an ATP and I am studying for the written. That should be out of the way before years end.
dude i think southwest is hiring. im sure they would let you log some PIC turbine time.

This thread is this whole industry in a nutshell!

"I have 2000 hours I dont need flight time"
" Where can I go and get hired as a captain?"

Any questions as to why the pay in this industry is to the point that it is?

Great assesment FR8. And the funny thing is when he is told about a quick upgrade at SKW on the emb-120, he thinks it might be to hard. Sounds like captain material to me. Anyone still wondering why they are getting paid like they are???? What a f-ing Pvssy this guy is. Hey captain, get your d*ck out of your wife's purse and try something that isn't easy or stop bitching about your life like a little girl. My daughter has more testosterone than you. What happened to the days when pilots acted like men and the F/A's acted like women, not the other way around?

Last edited:
Upgrading to the EMB from the jet was no big deal. They aren't going to teach you how to fly, but they will teach you everything you need to know to succeed.

Skywest upgrade is quick right now, because so many don't have the flight time they require.

dude you have 2200 hours, what the hell is your problem? You know you are actually going to have to work for some things in life. WAIT YOUR TURN. YOU CHOSE TO GO TO MESA NOW LIVE WITH IT

Second that, you wanted to fly a shiny new jet and you didn't care where.
You should have started out at a regional flying props if you wanted the quick upgrade time.

"So why are you leaving Mesa again? Oh, yes because you are impatient and impulsive. Just the kind of thing we look for in our Captains who want to leapfrog the rest of the seniority list. Welcome aboard!"

Do you really think this is how your next interview will pan out?

Latest resources

Back