Street Captains

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

A-V-8

Who is hiring street Captains. I am stuck in the endless spiral of Mesa and I want out. Also any info on training and QOL would be nice. I don’t have the ATP yet and I am trying to avoid paying for it.

I know about Gulfstream already but I am sort of nervous about them.

Yes I know that Mesa is currently hiring street Captains for the Dash-8 but I am currently unable to bid that equipment because I am on the CRJ.

Thank you in advance.

Why did you work for Mesa? Oh that's right, "fast upgrade". How's that working out for ya? Not so well it seems...

If you really want to upgrade, get in line like everybody else...

You are trying to be a street capt. and don't have a ATP??? To be considered for street capt. you have to have an ATP, i think. Last time i checked you have to go to med school to be a physician. Oh yeah.....Lynx will be hiring street capt.......most of which will have an ATP.

Are you on my Freedumb list?

If I were on the Freedom A list I would most likely be a Captain already. All of those guys are senior enough to hold it in the CRJ in at least one Domicle. (IAD). I on the other hand came in right after the Freedom debacle and I am on the CRJ. We can't bid to Dash-8 captain as of right now. My wife told me that I had to either leave Mesa or stop camplaining about it. I am never going to stop camplaining about it so I have to leave. I am just considering my options as of right now. I could go to a lot of places but I am most intrested in being a captain and logging some PIC turbin time. Lots of respectable places to work that I don't need the PIC turbine and I am in the process of applying to those as of right now. I have the flight time to hold an ATP and I am studying for the written. That should be out of the way before years end.

Why did you work for Mesa? Oh that's right, "fast upgrade". How's that working out for ya? Not so well it seems...

If you really want to upgrade, get in line like everybody else...

Well that is extremely helpful. 1900+ post for you. Did spend all day thinking this up?

If I were on the Freedom A list I would most likely be a Captain already. All of those guys are senior enough to hold it in the CRJ in at least one Domicle. (IAD). I on the other hand came in right after the Freedom debacle and I am on the CRJ. We can't bid to Dash-8 captain as of right now. My wife told me that I had to either leave Mesa or stop camplaining about it. I am never going to stop camplaining about it so I have to leave. I am just considering my options as of right now. I could go to a lot of places but I am most intrested in being a captain and logging some PIC turbin time. Lots of respectable places to work that I don't need the PIC turbine and I am in the process of applying to those as of right now. I have the flight time to hold an ATP and I am studying for the written. That should be out of the way before years end.

Seriously? I was pretty much in your boat. Come to SKW, and if you really want it you can upgrade on the EMB120 in 4-6 months (they will release the seat lock for upgrade). Normally they will hire you into the CRJ, but if you're really interested in the Bro upgrade, tell them and ask to do bro FO when hired...that will make the upgrade smother.

Like he said...GET IN LINE But you're smarter than everyone else aren't you?

Actually, I think YOU should go to GIA that would be right down your alley

Spent 35 seconds to think of "that one"

Seriously? I was pretty much in your boat. Come to SKW, and if you really want it you can upgrade on the EMB120 in 4-6 months (they will release the seat lock for upgrade). Normally they will hire you into the CRJ, but if you're really interested in the Bro upgrade, tell them and ask to do bro FO when hired...that will make the upgrade smother.

O.K. anyone here on the 120 make that transition? Was it hard? Advice? Tough choice for me though. 4-6 months and I may be captain here at YV but then again if the Delta acquisition goes through could be really bad over here. Between a rock and a hard place on a 4 to 6 month upgrade. I really appreciate your response.

Thank you

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back