• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stop the divisive SWA AAI stuff

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey there are still guys out there that would turn down Delta for SWA. Enjoy your big jet to Lagos. I'll take a 737 to Amarillo then enjoy all my time off with family-- because what's most important, right?

Nobody will give a $hit that you flew a wide body to Lagos when you die. They'll just remember you being gone for 12 days at a time.

Hey there are still guys out there that would turn down Delta for SWA. Enjoy your big jet to Lagos. I'll take a 737 to Amarillo then enjoy all my time off with family-- because what's most important, right?

Nobody will give a $hit that you flew a wide body to Lagos when you die. They'll just remember you being gone for 12 days at a time.

Nice try....thats a three day trip clown

Nice try....thats a three day trip clown

Whoa! Did you get a flat tire on your golf cart while driving around PTC? Forget your super cool tug boat drover hat at the hotel? Spill chik-fil-sauce on your purdy horse jacket? Settle down captain happy.

I guess 12 days gets you Saipan and Mumbai. My bad. Have a blast skipper. Wind check?

The Lagos trip is actually fairly senior, since you're gone less than 3 days total, have 4 pilots (2 Capt and 2 FO), have lie flat bunks and sleep half the time, and it's worth over 24 hours of pay with INTL override and higher per diem.

You Cornies sure do have more layovers in West Texas than any US Carrier does in Africa. If you want to have fun in West Texas though, ask Redflyer where he goes to get his vomit inducing quesadillas. He knows all about that. Enjoy!

And compared to all 3 legacies, you still have less variety/choice when it comes to planes or trip types, worse retirement, lower profit sharing, and a lot fewer retirements equalling stagnation. Have a great Halloween!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Genny,

Why the need to always throw in INTL override? That's like throwing Per Diem in an argument. Or SW guys bragging about our zero cost health plan.

So what percentage of DL flying is international to pay an override? Less than 20%? You guys get a redeye override? If so, that's a pretty weak add-on to any argument.

You're right about SW needing to increase the retirement pie, but you do realize we have FO's hitting the IRS maximum for all retirement funding, right? Or that sometime we make more per hour than your widebody guys, per our debate on my 19.7 three day trip that had a grand total of 4 legs. You completely showed your lack of knowledge on that thread. Hell I might have to post it again.

And Poor has a point. Starting a redeye trip to Europe sounds miserable. I'd rather do a three domestic days here and be home by the pool by 10am on day three....completely rested. Actually that's like another day off, but that's a different argument.

And Bill, you're completely right. I'd pick SW over DL ten out of ten times as well. To each their own.

Don't forget that free Sundae with your Ebola on the Lagos overnight. I wouldn't recommend leaving the compound over there.

Great work everyone, this thread is no longer about divisive rants amongst RSW and FAT guys - we're right back to our usual DAL vs SWA horsecrap. Strong work all around, thanks everyone for coming in tonight!

Genny,

Why the need to always throw in INTL override? That's like throwing Per Diem in an argument. Or SW guys bragging about our zero cost health plan.

So what percentage of DL flying is international to pay an override? Less than 20%? You guys get a redeye override? If so, that's a pretty weak add-on to any argument.

You're right about SW needing to increase the retirement pie, but you do realize we have FO's hitting the IRS maximum for all retirement funding, right? Or that sometime we make more per hour than your widebody guys, per our debate on my 19.7 three day trip that had a grand total of 4 legs. You completely showed your lack of knowledge on that thread. Hell I might have to post it again.

And Poor has a point. Starting a redeye trip to Europe sounds miserable. I'd rather do a three domestic days here and be home by the pool by 10am on day three....completely rested. Actually that's like another day off, but that's a different argument.

And Bill, you're completely right. I'd pick SW over DL ten out of ten times as well. To each their own.

Don't forget that free Sundae with your Ebola on the Lagos overnight. I wouldn't recommend leaving the compound over there.

Say whhhaaaattt? The trick or treat candy you are eating is laced with dope.

20% of the flights have INTL override??? All of the 744 flights. All of the 777 flights except ATL to LA and ATL to DTW (pretty much positioning flights that connect to INTL flights). All of the A330 flights. All of the 767-400 flights. About 1/3 of the 7ER flights do INTL. So, I'd say that's a lot more than 20% Red. And think how many pilots do those? And INTL perdiem is $2.70 an hour. Do you know how much that equals on a 12 day trip?

Next you throw out a red eye on the way to Europe. Guess what Red? Those trips have 3 pilots, meaning you get a rest break in a lie flat first class seat, and then you get a 24 hour layover in a nice hotel, and it's somewhere interesting, not El Paso Again....

I bet with a larger profit sharing check (that also gets a DC fund contribution---that's the best part--a profit sharing check with an additional DC fund contribution by the company for the profit sharing check! If you get a profit sharing check of $20K, you'll get an additional $3000 in your DC Fund---for free! Thanks DALPA!). So, if a DL FO puts that $20K into his DC fund on Feb 14th, and the additional $3K too, I bet he will beat the Corndog to filling up to the max. Also, if he fills it up by AUG or SEP, the remaining months he gets the extra 15% that was going to his DC fund instead as cash on top of his pay. That's called a larger raise, Red..... 15% of what he made added to each check until the end of the year.

One more thing Red, Nigeria is Ebola free. They take their borders seriously apparently. I bet you in Dallas were closer to Ebola than guys in Nigeria. So, enjoy your quesadillas and avoid Dallas Presbyterian Hospital if you can....

You lose, again. Try to refute any of the above.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Great work everyone, this thread is no longer about divisive rants amongst RSW and FAT guys - we're right back to our usual DAL vs SWA horsecrap. Strong work all around, thanks everyone for coming in tonight!

Seriously- this thread creep has been done what??- 2-300 hundred times
For fux sake stop feeding the troll
Red, you post as if you'll ever get another response out of GL
I'm sure the 20,000th post will be "good point, red"

Latest resources

Back