• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stop the divisive SWA AAI stuff

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ahhh, SWA (vs poor business models and unsustainable contracts) caused the BKs and furloughs...now we see why the lack of LUV from the general....

Careful, you sound like you're on dope too. It certainly wasn't the pilots fault. There were some huge mistakes made, but don't blame employees. The pay and benefits are almost back to pre BK or getting closer, but that doesn't mean everything will then fall apart. I'd say better management at all of the legacies now (although Smizek needs to be watched).

Notice since the BKs and recent consolidation, your own "family" attitude has been strained due to the merger and SLI. Then GK added interesting banter in the media about trimming costs to get back to LCC status. Lots of things have changed since the BK days, including HUGE profits now at your competition. Get used to it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Very true, but please don't blame SWA for the legacy's decade of BK and concessions....

I never did.(I said SWA hurt the legacies) SWA had great hedges and beat the Legacies then. That was then. Now Consolidation has changed the game, along with bag fees and change fees that add billions to the coffers, and pax don't seem to mind. The big 3 will only get bigger and more profitable. And don't forget your high pay rates were directly tied to a certain ATL based Legacy. Remember that too.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
My my, I think Jenni is gonna hit 20,000 posts tonight, just on this thread alone with all her irrelevant and tired arse posts. Really, 20,000 posts from some big building in Utah, really Jenni?

I hope the legacy mgmt teams have learned from their horrendous decade...not blaming the pilots, would still never trust any legacy to not furlough or bk again..make all the LBB comments you can, legacy pilot (if that what u are) pride and confidence mean the industry is doing well and the bar will hopefully be raised....

I hope the legacy mgmt teams have learned from their horrendous decade...not blaming the pilots, would still never trust any legacy to not furlough or bk again..make all the LBB comments you can, legacy pilot (if that what u are) pride and confidence mean the industry is doing well and the bar will hopefully be raised....

Extra Billions of $ of profits and 5,000 retirements probably means a very small chance of furlough. And, if you really are a Corndog pilot, hopefully you guys will keep the bar up too.

We know one thing though, Freeturd will probably stay an XJT pilot or move back to Nam to fly the big jets.

Good luck to you both.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Well putz, at least I'm a real pilot at an airline unlike you sitting in some cubicle in Utah, on the internet, picking your boogers & eating them while you gulp down BBQ chips and Mountain Dews. 'Looser'! Really now, 20,000 posts, are you kidding me!

Well putz, at least I'm a real pilot at an airline unlike you sitting in some cubicle in Utah, on the internet, picking your boogers & eating them while you gulp down BBQ chips and Mountain Dews. 'Looser'! Really now, 20,000 posts, are you kidding me!

Yeah, okay Cheesecake. Keep telling yourself that nonsense. Most of my posts over the last 14-15 years have been to prove guys like you wrong on a multitude of subjects. It's actually been a pleasure, and so darn easy.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
We know one thing though, Freeturd will probably stay an XJT pilot or move back to Nam to fly the big jets.

Good luck to you both.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I wil bet you you he will be at a major if he wants to be .

Care to wager ?

Also not sure why you gloat at someone's misfortune

I wil bet you you he will be at a major if he wants to be .

Care to wager ?

Also not sure why you gloat at someone's misfortune

I think most Regional pilots will have a chance to make it to a Legacy (15,000 retirements coming). The only question is when they make the jump. Joining at the end of a huge hiring wave would not be as good, subjecting oneself to better possibilities of downgrades or even furloughs. Timing is a big deal now.

But, there are some people who just won't be able to make the jump. They might have this entitlement issue, that includes "I've been flying mainline pax at the Regionals, so I deserve to be blended in as a Capt..." That type of attitude will keep them where they are.

I think Regional Captains with a decade or more in the left seat could have some issues. Freeturd, otoh, had many years as an SIC in an RJ in Vietnam, and he hasn't been able to make the jump as of yet. I have given free advice to some on the Regional side, to head to a LCC first and then try for the Legacies.

Hopefully that will be a better path for him.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back