• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stop the divisive SWA AAI stuff

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why do you kids feel the need to prove which airline is better? It's obvious that the SWA guys couldn't give a rats ass about their fleet and destination choices. The argument is weak, at best. Both are great airlines with two different work models. For me, int'l flying isn't for me (yes, I've done numerous flights overseas). I'm more of a domestic flyer these days, with occasional Caribbean flights.

I LUV what you say:

"Actually 100% of Southwest airframes pay MORE (there's a big difference) than the majority of those at Delta."

That makes sense.....NOT. 100% make more than the MAJORITY....????

Let me put it in "simpleton terms".

You incorrectly state: "As far as your 58% of your airframes paying more per hour (or confusing trip krap you guys use, on "Herb time" in DAL too (gimme a break)) that may be true."

It's not 58% of SWA airframes that pay more than Delta's you imbecile, SWA airframes pay more than 58% of Delta airframes. Or, Southwest airframes pay MORE than the majority of those at Delta.

I'll take the 42% that pays better and goes to better places than you Howard. How much is your international override hero? Or the fact that you fly -800s raping the customer with a backbreaking 170 seats on them while you get paid the same?

Go fix your own problems before highlighting ours.....It's not my fault no kid ever says "Gee Dad, I want to be a pilot for Southwest!"

I will gladly accept my job over yours 10 out of 10 times.

Sorry Bill, I'm just trying to point out the differences so potential new hires will have all the relevant information. It was a program developed by Glee that I added to.

You keep your job and I'll gladly keep mine, 10 out of 10 times.

Why do you kids feel the need to prove which airline is better? It's obvious that the SWA guys couldn't give a rats ass about their fleet and destination choices. The argument is weak, at best. Both are great airlines with two different work models. For me, int'l flying isn't for me (yes, I've done numerous flights overseas). I'm more of a domestic flyer these days, with occasional Caribbean flights.

That's great Say Again. I'm glad Corndogs don't care about destinations or fleet types.....(???! Now I'm gonna say "Say Again????")

Uhhhhhhhh, whaaat? You don't? So, you're burned out and just don't care anymore...... Greeeeaaaat! I guess doing enough 5-6 leg days intra Texas will do that to you.

When you get CHOICES, you often take notice and bid for longer layovers, places you might want to see, etc. That's called variety, and a difference between the two airlines.

So, if they pay about the same on the narrowbodies (even though you guys only have one type), and one airline has a lot of Widebodies also, plus a variety of trip types and flying (INTL & DOM), one has a better retirement (15% DC), and above all has HUGE upward movement coming due to 5000+ retirements, it should be easy for a prospective new hire to choose where he/she wants to go. And the great thing is, there are 3 legacies that fit that image.

Which one have you applied to?

Bye Bye---General Lee

You incorrectly state: "As far as your 58% of your airframes paying more per hour (or confusing trip krap you guys use, on "Herb time" in DAL too (gimme a break)) that may be true."

It's not 58% of SWA airframes that pay more than Delta's you imbecile, SWA airframes pay more than 58% of Delta airframes. Or, Southwest airframes pay MORE than the majority of those at Delta.

But Howie, the pay rate is one thing, but it depends on how a pilot chooses to bid. Some guys go for reserve to fly as little as possible, some guys fly the max. That's great. Now throw in 2 months pay or more of profit sharing (for all fleets), and 5000 retirements.

That's the main difference here, huge upward movement, and huge profit sharing which ADDS to the slight lower pay rate on some of the narrowbody planes, and adds a lot more to the Widebody pay. Then not having to match on the retirement, and it isn't close.

And this is a great public service announcement, you are getting trounced. It's called CHOICE and VARIETY. And all 3 legacies will have it. Tell your friends...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Ahahahaha! You lose Howie.

I LUV what you say:

"Actually 100% of Southwest airframes pay MORE (there's a big difference) than the majority of those at Delta."

That makes sense.....NOT. 100% make more than the MAJORITY....????

But Howie, the pay rate is one thing, but it depends on how a pilot chooses to bid. Some guys go for reserve to fly as little as possible, some guys fly the max. That's great. Now throw in 2 months pay or more of profit sharing (for all fleets), and 5000 retirements.

That's the main difference here, huge upward movement, and huge profit sharing which ADDS to the slight lower pay rate on some of the narrowbody planes, and adds a lot more to the Widebody pay. Then not having to match on the retirement, and it isn't close.

And this is a great public service announcement, you are getting trounced. It's called CHOICE and VARIETY. And all 3 legacies will have it. Tell your friends...
That was simply me explaining the big words that you didn't understand just like I would for a child, it was not the cue for you to launch into your tired old diatribe that we have all heard 20,000 times.

That was simply me explaining the big words that you didn't understand just like I would for a child, it was not the cue for you to launch into your tired old diatribe that we have all heard 20,000 times.

And you try to refute it, but you can't. The only reason someone now would want to be a Corndog is because your airline is the best LCC out there, and that's about it. The big 3 are leaving you behind. More retirements, more profits, and more variety. I can see why you get upset.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Like it or not it's the big 4 now, we have over 600 airplanes....as the legacies raise the bar, we will rise with it, gradually at COLA rates of increase.. No more big moves, but incremental and steady improvements for hopefully years to come....

Like it or not it's the big 4 now, we have over 600 airplanes....as the legacies raise the bar, we will rise with it, gradually at COLA rates of increase.. No more big moves, but incremental and steady improvements for hopefully years to come....

I hope you do keep raising the bar. But, there are huge differences between the big 3 and number 4. That's my point here. And as retirements increase, there may be large pay increases to attract as many pilots as possible from the LCCs and Regionals to help fill the 15,000 openings created by the retirements.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back