• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stop the divisive SWA AAI stuff

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't forget that the clock starts at brake release at SWA, and it's door closed at AAI. And an 85hr line at AAI is easily a 90-95 hour line by the end of the month. If you fly your line, and don't pick up trips, the pay increase isn't all that. Now, I know the SWA guys don't want to hear that, but it's true. Never mind the fact that a 100 plus hour line at AAI is very easy to attain if you want to simply swap trips and keep your days off. My pay increase will be about 19K this year, which is about 20K less then Id make at AAI sitting on reserve in the left seat. I think it's safe to say the "huge" pay increase myth has been dispelled. I talked to an AAI Captain the other day who has taken a roughly $60K pay cut. I'm not bashing SWA, but it is no better then any other airline, and in a lot of ways, it's a lot worse.

When you topped out at 152/hr at the Tran? Sounds like fuzzy math.

Don't forget that the clock starts at brake release at SWA, and it's door closed at AAI. And an 85hr line at AAI is easily a 90-95 hour line by the end of the month. If you fly your line, and don't pick up trips, the pay increase isn't all that. Now, I know the SWA guys don't want to hear that, but it's true. Never mind the fact that a 100 plus hour line at AAI is very easy to attain if you want to simply swap trips and keep your days off. My pay increase will be about 19K this year, which is about 20K less then Id make at AAI sitting on reserve in the left seat. I think it's safe to say the "huge" pay increase myth has been dispelled. I talked to an AAI Captain the other day who has taken a roughly $60K pay cut. I'm not bashing SWA, but it is no better then any other airline, and in a lot of ways, it's a lot worse.

GT, let's don't let facts get in the way here, but at SWA you are not "on the clock" unless you go over block which you get paid more. Fly less time you still get the guarantee. Not picking a fight, just letting you know.

And you still LUV Midland. That's sad... And thanks for the 88 717s, that's instant expansion and hiring (115 new hires in Nov), while you will be stagnate due to eventual upgrades by AT pilots who should have moved over as Captains anyway. You should be ashamed, and you and your Fonzi jacket look foolish.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Are you really that clueless? I mention that you don't add anything here and you do the same crap. You aren't too bright Genny.

Lubbock and Midland, 717, AirTran upgrades, blah, blah, blah.

Just to set you straight on the upgrades, I didn't lose a single spot. The AirTran CA's were going to be senior to me anyway....whether in the left seat or right seat, so what does it matter? You really can't think your argument through can you? Which makes it a failure. Just like trying to call me out on my three day trip credit. You have no idea about our pay and it really showed on that thread. Quit embarrassing yourself and shut your pie hole.

Are you really that clueless? I mention that you don't add anything here and you do the same crap. You aren't too bright Genny.

Lubbock and Midland, 717, AirTran upgrades, blah, blah, blah.

Just to set you straight on the upgrades, I didn't lose a single spot. The AirTran CA's were going to be senior to me anyway....whether in the left seat or right seat, so what does it matter? You really can't think your argument through can you? Which makes it a failure. Just like trying to call me out on my three day trip credit. You have no idea about our pay and it really showed on that thread. Quit embarrassing yourself and shut your pie hole.

Wow you're mad. Sheesh! Take a chill pill and drink a beer! Wow. Yikes. You are gonna stroke out and lose your medical.

As far as your pay goes for a three day trip, if it includes MAF or LBB, it just wouldn't be worth it. Nope. And I love your clueless arguments about DL trips that all supposedly have 3 hour sits in ATL. You forgot about almost every 3 or 4 day INTL longhaul trip, that have ONE leg per day, to somewhere interesting, and then one leg back. And they involve several fleets, something you lack. So, in reality, you just don't understand anything other than 5 legs a day to MAF. Oh yeah, I forgot you only get 1-2-1 trips...... Riiiiiiiiight. Good one Red, good one!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Genny,

Let me remind you. You tried to say my 19.7 (1-21) paid less than a DL trip.

I proved to you I made DL widebody pay for that easy trip. It showed how little you know about our system. You turned and ran because you looked like a fool. Which is pretty typical actually.

As far as DL trips, I'd be glad to post more than a few narrowbody Delta lines that suck. One 12-14 hour leg to me would blow. Not interested what-so-ever. So on that, we should just agree to disagree. I wouldn't bid for it even if it was available. Redeye's to boot? No thanks. I just finished a 3-2-2. Done by 10am. Now that's my kind of schedule.

Let me know if you want me to post those DL trips.

Oh, and you really are good at ignoring points that your wrong about. Your consistent there I guess.

Genny,

Let me remind you. You tried to say my 19.7 (1-21) paid less than a DL trip.

I proved to you I made DL widebody pay for that easy trip. It showed how little you know about our system. You turned and ran because you looked like a fool. Which is pretty typical actually.

As far as DL trips, I'd be glad to post more than a few narrowbody Delta lines that suck. One 12-14 hour leg to me would blow. Not interested what-so-ever. So on that, we should just agree to disagree. I wouldn't bid for it even if it was available. Redeye's to boot? No thanks. I just finished a 3-2-2. Done by 10am. Now that's my kind of schedule.

Let me know if you want me to post those DL trips.

Oh, and you really are good at ignoring points that your wrong about. Your consistent there I guess.

Uhhhhhh, you have the ability to post DL trips? Really? Wow, I thought you worked for the Corndog? How about you post Corndog trips?

The reason you don't want to do longhaul trips is because you've never tried them. Ever seen an A330 crew in ATL customs? Did you notice that the two FOs are often as old as the Capt? There is a reason for that. The FOs love the 12 day trips, that give them plenty of days off, and they like a rest seat (they used to like their crew bunks on that fleet, but that is a Seperate issue), and they like the INTL destinations. It's a lifestyle, and there is also always a CHOICE to go back to domestic when he/she wants, something your airline lacks. That is always my point here, pointing out the differences. And you may make more than a 737 pilot at DL, but it really depends on the longevity. A newhire at your airline doesn't make as much as a 2nd year 737 pilot at DL, or a 2nd year 7ER pilot, etc. If you compare it year by year, your pay is less after the 7ER pay. And don't try to bring up your extra credit trips, because DL pilots also have greenslips, and the profit sharing will be at least 16% of the W2 for this year, which is a bonus worth 2 months extra pay. (It might be more due to lower oil). Your profit sharing won't be close. So, don't even go there. The Widebody pilots, with greenslips and profit sharing, easily make more, and don't have to go to LBB or MAF. Oh yeah, and a new contract is coming up, and when your's comes up I can only wonder what GK wants. Good luck, keep it going up please.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Ahhhh, finally the old 'kitchen sink' post where you never really say anything new. Like a broken record. I always know I'm done when you get to these long winded post about nothing.

Ahhhh, finally the old 'kitchen sink' post where you never really say anything new. Like a broken record. I always know I'm done when you get to these long winded post about nothing.

Yeah, I know when you're done too, and that's always at the same time I post something you can't refute. You just can't compare the two airlines. One has choice, and one has a lack of choice. (Flying type (dom and Intl) and airplane types). Pay is pretty good at both, but one adds profit sharing that will at least be 2 months extra pay, and that bonus includes an additional DC fund contribution. If you make $200K, the profit sharing would be an additional $32,000 (16%, and it might be more), and then throw an additional $4800 into the DC fund (15% of the profit sharing check).

You just can't compare it. Your retirement package is MATCHED by your company. DL is 15% of whatever you make, and you don't have to add a dime (although you can add more and max out early, and you can add all of your profit sharing check and really max out sooner, and then get an additional 15% added to every pay check for the rest of the year).

So, if it sounds like a broken record, that's fine, prospective new hires need to see differences, and there are plenty. Choice is number one. And I can see why you clam up when trying to refute me.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Thanks Freeturd, but I had heard that you lost yours in Vietnam. They may be hiring over there, so it may be time for you to go back and find them. Good luck with that turdy.
Bye Bye---General Lee

Lame and tired response as usual. Reckon you're just recycling your lame replies to get to 20,000 posts Jenni? Really, 20,000 posts ?!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back