• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stop the divisive SWA AAI stuff

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Even if you were a >15 year, maxed-out, AirTran captain, that would have been $174/hr for 2013. A >12 year Southwest captain made about $190/tfp, or when corrected to an hourly rate, about $220/hr that same year. Plus, Southwest schedules are much more efficient than Airtran's (more pay credit per average workday and per average pairing).

Not to jump into the middle of this fine food fight, but per the Contract, a maxed-out CA made $182.68 in Dec 2013 and $186.32 in Dec 2014. According to APC, 190 TFP translates to $216. So, the difference is about $30.- $35. an hour.

Back to slingin' and flingin'.

;)

Last edited:
"
Still wondering why we don't believe your story? You're basically claiming that you averaged more dollars per flying workday than he did. And you claim you pulled this off at a much lower pay rate, and a much lower working efficiency rate.

While there certainly are valid things to complain about, you might try claiming something a little more believable next time. Just a thought.

Bubba

Yes, I averaged more dollars per flying workday (about 2 hours credit per hour block or around $340/hour for the year), at a lower payrate (see previous), and the inefficiencies actually helped out. It worked for me, and I'll figure it out over there as well.

He wasn't bragging, and I'm not complaining just sharing some information that it is contrary to what most WN pilots believe.

Not to jump into the middle of this fine food fight, but per the Contract, a maxed-out CA made $182.68 in Dec 2013 and $186.32 in Dec 2014. According to APC, 190 TFP translates to $216. So, the difference is about $30.- $35. an hour.

;)

The most accurate conversion is 1.16.

189tfp X 1.16 = 219.24. That's been the rate for at least 2 or 3 years now.

I thought he was generous in using the Airtran 2013 rate.

Carry on.

And Genny, the double breasted blazer looks hideous. That needs to be changed along with paying for the hotel during Indoc.

Last edited:
Vvvvvvv

Ahh Canyon...too funny!

Hopefully your day job holds up so you don't have to go back down to South Beach giving out free BJs again.

Did he PFT for that too?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Another angry PFT troll post
Come on Fonzie. You leather jacket wearing cool guys are just jealous!

So these are the postings of Delta Pilots? Do you guys ever actually know the Delta Social Media Policy, something about being an advocate for the Delta brand. Is Atlanta aware of you guys, or whoever is on here acting as a Delta pilots? They should be.

Last edited:
So these are the postings of Delta Pilots? Do you guys ever actually know the Delta Social Media Policy, something about being an advocate for the Delta brand. Is Atlanta aware of you guys, or whoever is on here acting as a Delta pilots? They should be.

You're joking right?
Have you seen some of the vitrol out of the swa types keyboards?
I won't bore you with the results, but you really need to keep your nut drainer sealed!;)

Wow....obsess much Canyon?

With all that accurate data about social media, I'm beginning to think you aren't really a Spirit Warrior...more like a Cube Dweller in the G.O.....or even a Skywest Dispatcher! (Gasp)

Wow....obsess much Canyon?

With all that accurate data about social media, I'm beginning to think you aren't really a Spirit Warrior...more like a Cube Dweller in the G.O.....or even a Skywest Dispatcher! (Gasp)

The thing about an anomous forum, you never know. ;)

You're joking right?
Have you seen some of the vitrol out of the swa types keyboards?
I won't bore you with the results, but you really need to keep your nut drainer sealed!;)

You need to watch the negative stereotypes and beliefs you project on here, just saying.

;)

Hey Ty, long time no hear. Trust you're doing okay...

Anyway, looking at my calendar, I see it's not Dec 2014 yet. :)

And he quoted last year's W-2, which was for 2013. Since your rates start in December, for all of 2013, except for possibly the very last paycheck (dunno if you guys do the advance thing like we do or not), the Dec 2012 pay rate would have been the appropriate actual rate for 2013. And that was $174.02, like I used. Although in rounding, I suppose I did cheat him out of 2 cents per hour.

I'm getting kinda tired of the pooh-flinging as well, but I couldn't let such an obvious line of crap go unchallenged--either the claim of the check airman bragging with a photo of his W-2, or the idea that 2BFlyin grossed more $ per average day at work.

Speaking of which, from his attitude, I don't think he really "luvs" to be flyin'. I think he's making that up as well. :)

Bubba

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back