Stop-Loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ETXFlyer,
I had the same question about how long they can keep us on stop loss and a little too much time on my hands. So, I did some research and didn't come up with a very encouraging answer. Basically, as long as the Reserves are called up, the President has the authority to suspend the laws related to retirement and separation. The limit on the time the Reserves can be called up varies (depending on which section of the law they are applying) from 270 days to indefinite. I'd bet that the current call-up falls under the indefinite category. The reference for all of this is at this link: http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/12305.html. Bottom line, it appears they've got us for as long as they feel like it.
It seems that the link may not be working...so here's the full reference: Title 10, Subtitle E, Part II, Chapter 1209, Section 12305.

Last edited:
Impressive research folks...so much time in the books/computer/regs deserves a bit of time out in the aircraft forgetting about all the mess. So, go get yourself some air time (if you can) and enjoy the scenery from whatever altitude you decide.
We've got some of our younger pilots getting really edgy about all this. And, since they've never seen the staff side of the house and the chaos involved from action officer up through the colonels putting their spin on what they think the general means, they're getting pretty wound up in every rumor that goes. Seems everyone on Stoploss is "destined to Camp Red Cloud or an exchange tour with the Saudi's" despite separation dates. We'll get onto that Cornell site, 'cause there's not much info available on this paperless AFPC site and the regs are still being written by lawyers.

Guess we need to bring back the codebreakers from Bletchley Park...

Stop Loss... Stop the Pain...

It amazes me that USAFE and PACAF can release folks to retire etc but ACC is riding the hardline. I am expecting most of us retirment eligible types will be pulled from our cockpits and placed in some crappy AOC jobs in dung heaps overseas...

If the real crap is going to hit the proverbial fan keeps us in our cockpits so we can go break stuff and get this all over with...

The fool from the Pentagon is lying if he can't admit that ACC is using Stop Loss as a manning number control tool...

"Krunch"

Re: Stop Loss... Stop the Pain...

Krunch said:
The fool from the Pentagon is lying if he can't admit that ACC is using Stop Loss as a manning number control tool...

"Krunch"

Imagine how we in AETC feel. I suppose I could drop a student from my mighty Jayhawk on some unsuspecting Al Qaeda after a 10-hop trans-oceanic cross-country (I'd have to stop in Rota for some paella and bread, of course).

It's all too clear we're being lied to. Yesterday, my attached squadron's Ops Officer told my commander his squadron was 100% manned in T-1 pilots. 82 assigned, 72 authorized; yeah, that's 100%.

Well zman, I feel your pain,

Maybe they'll bring back the AT-37 and I can at least shoot some smoke rockets at something...........

Despite the Air Forces best efforts, this is actually making me less inclined to try to join any Guard or Reserve units.

Last edited:
Yeeee Haaaa!

It took forever, but Zulu is now holding separation orders! I start terminal leave next week and am officially out in July.
Good luck to those of you still in the fight -- never take "no" for an answer.

Good for you! May we all be so fortunate... soon. Do have an AFRes or ANG job lined up? Do you think it made a difference with your waiver success?

Yeah -- I have a job offer with the NY ANG. The original word out of ACC was "no," but I got the guard to reattack (the unit is significantly undermanned) and ACC changed their minds.

Congrats Zulu!

You deserve it! I know you must be thrilled.

Any firm plans yet on where you will be employed outside the ANG? Any joint would be better with you aboard.

I'm buying whiskey next time we cross paths....

Albie

Latest resources

Back