Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stockholm Syndrome: when legacy pilots agree that an a/c CANNOT be flown by mainline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This TA will pass with an 80% vote "for." Never rule out the FYIGM axiom!
After talking with people on my last few trips, it probably won't be that close. Everyone has basically given up. Same people will probably be screaming when a 76 seat RJ takes over their commutes home.

You must be kidding? $150 an hour F/O for a 150 seat aircraft? How soon do you want to go out of business? Make it $200, then!

Is that in the zone of reasonableness?

A bit condescending, no? Im not kidding, many of your cohorts were and still are advocating for 'restoration'. I suppose you aren't among them because thats about where restoration to pre bk levels would put you when adjusted for inflation.

Also consider that pattern bargaining results in everyone having similar costs over time, and with less and less competition resulting from the mergers over the past decade i count myself among those who believe that restoration is indeed possible.

Speedtape-
I'll answer you, but everyone knows my background and where I come from-
Where do you work? What position are you in?
Bc you're every bit as emotional in defending this TA as I am against it.

It is not about emotion, it's about the failed notion that we must whipsaw carriers against each other in order to provide domestic feed to an airline.

The only leverage any group has lies in the collective strength of the group

It's been said-
Why is unreasonable to fly -900's at mainline?
Why wouldn't this same argument be used to outsource 717's?

Out of the big three, Delta is the only one that outsources -900's.

But AA and Unical are fighting like hell to keep them from being outsourced. The fight is about large RJs. Right now Delta is limited to 255 70&76 seat RJs. They are losing money on 50 seaters and can transition some leased 50's into -900's if DALPA allows it-
I'm saying allow it, but fly it at mainline-
Regionals can keep on flying the -900's they already have, Delta mainline gets the new ones.

That's pretty reasonable.

The legacies have been so used to being forced to accept unreasonable that they've forgotten how to identify it.

As for $150/hour for 150 seat jet-

That's roughly what we all get paid- a dollar a seat for an FO. $1.50 a seat for a capt.

Last edited:
You must be kidding? $150 an hour F/O for a 150 seat aircraft? How soon do you want to go out of business? Make it $200, then!

Is that in the zone of reasonableness?

Whlie flying with my 63 year old Captain last week I came to the conclusion that it would be easier for me and safer for the pax if he went and took a seat in back and let me fly it alone. It's really hard to do your job and keep correcting the other guy...therefore I am going on record and declaring that FO's should be paid more than Captains...a lot more.

Latest resources

Back