Still No one has listed a reason not to have ALPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
More sarchasm....

Annual ALPA Dues to pay for your CBA, legal representation, Alpa services @ 1.95% $780.00

Salary for busting your *ss for a 5 year Captain Saab 340 at Colgan roughly $45000.00 assuming an average of 105 hour mothly pay credit

The average value of a retirement benefits package at an ordinary 3-4 % company contribution after 20 years of service from a real employer other than Pinnacle and Colgan....$250,000.00+

Pinnacle and Colgan's current 401K investment $0

Look on the Colgan's face and Uncle Phil after ALPA is voted in...Priceless!!!

sorry mastercard, couldn't resist...

Last edited:
ALPA does a horrible job of representing the "regional" guys, just look around the industry, even pre 9/11. Comair is there shining example, that is it. If you go ALPA, Mesa and the like is more like it.

ALPA does a horrible job of representing the "regional" guys, just look around the industry, even pre 9/11. Comair is there shining example, that is it. If you go ALPA, Mesa and the like is more like it.

So I guess Mesa require you to pay for out of pocket for rental cars, tolls, hotels, etc, then submit an expense report that will take 3 months of emails to get reimbursed? Mesa will ask you to pay for a first class upgrade so they can deadhead you on a flight in which coach is full? Mesa will refuse to change your travel if you find a route that will get you home 11 hours earlier because they are too busy to tap a few keys on a computer?

Get a clue, guy. You don't know sh!t about Colgan.

So I guess Mesa require you to pay for out of pocket for rental cars, tolls, hotels, etc, then submit an expense report that will take 3 months of emails to get reimbursed? Mesa will ask you to pay for a first class upgrade so they can deadhead you on a flight in which coach is full? Mesa will refuse to change your travel if you find a route that will get you home 11 hours earlier because they are too busy to tap a few keys on a computer?

Get a clue, guy. You don't know sh!t about Colgan.

And I'll back Mr Wu on all of that....that's actually not bad compared to what's happened in the past.

And I'll back Mr Wu on all of that....that's actually not bad compared to what's happened in the past.

I will also back that up.

Colgan Pilots
BEWARE!

The company is starting to rev up its union-busting machine. DO NOT BELIEVE THE HYPE. IT IS AN OLD TACTIC TO BUST A UNION DRIVE!!!

I would expect to see some kind of pay / benifet raise soon to try and slow the momentum that we have created. DO NOT BE TRICKED BY THE
:uzi: FORD / HARRISON
UNION BUSTING PLAYBOOK!!!!!!

I will also back that up.

Colgan Pilots
BEWARE!

The company is starting to rev up its union-busting machine. DO NOT BELIEVE THE HYPE. IT IS AN OLD TACTIC TO BUST A UNION DRIVE!!!

I would expect to see some kind of pay / benifet raise soon to try and slow the momentum that we have created. DO NOT BE TRICKED BY THE
:uzi: FORD / HARRISON
UNION BUSTING PLAYBOOK!!!!!!

The Colgan Pilots will see through this stuff, I have no doubt. Remember everyone Mike says "We have always had an open line of communicaton and hope to keep it going in the future." Well guys and gals let's think about that. How many times have they closed a base without telling any employees beforehand? How many times has numerous emails or voicemail led nowhere? They want us to vote NO so they can keep that going, his letter states it. How dare he even suggest we have had good communication, far from it.

The union busting is in full swing. Anyone notice for several weeks the company issued nothing about the union? The same time the CPG website wasn't updated either. Then when Colgan management starts up so does the CPG both using similar arguements almost like it was planned. Hmmmm. Speaking of which shame on certain CPG individuals on their lack of professionalism with their updates. (Some have been very professional but their updates seem to be deleted quickly). Here's what we as pilots should look for from the professional union busters:

Dirty tricks: Things like creating false documents and blaming union personal for such things.

Propaganda: Memos, letters, some of which are informational, sometimes misleading remember our open communication at Colgan

legal obstruction: Already been attempted and denied. I'm sure more attempts in the works

Put management on the same level: Make management appear to be with the group, show up to events, make small changes and say they were for us to make things better. (they always seem to care during union drives)

Expect these, when they happen it shows the professional union busting is in full effect. For mor info, ask Commutair guys about how this works. Expecially how after the drive is over all the caring goes away

ALPA does a horrible job of representing the "regional" guys,

In what way? Each regional pilot group has access to the same services and any ALPA legacy carrier. Whether its representation, medical or legal support. Each Regional MEC is elected by their own members, they select their own contract goals, conduct their own negotiations, choose their own strategy and ratifies their own contracts. Do you feel that the legacy carriers or national need to hold your hand, lead you through the process and make decisions for you? Do you not like local autonomy in your negotiations?

Latest resources

Back