Alexander 95 Yards Rushing
Bettis 43 Yards Rushing

RECEIVING

Seahawks Team Total 273 Yards
Squeelers Team Total 166 Yards

INTERCEPTIONS

Seattle 2
Squeelers 1

The Squeelers won the game thanks to the Refs and a few bad plays by the Seahawks, but Seattle dominated the Steelers on offense and defense the whole game. The Steelers had a couple breakout plays, but overall they sucked. They didn't even get a first down until 20 minutes into the game. Seattle is a much better team overall, but it is impossible to overcome such bad officiating.

Where are you getting your stats from?
From the OFFICIAL source, Superbowl.com
Net Yards Rushing...Steelers 181 Seahawks 137
Seahawks had more yards passing (259 to 158) , and more total yards (396 to 339) and ran 21 more plays...but, here's a couple of more stats:
Fast Willie Parker, Super Bowl record 75 yard run
Antwaan Randle El, first WR to throw a TD pass, 43 yards to the game MVP, Hines Ward, and of course:
THE ONLY THING THAT COUNTS IS THE FINAL SCORE, 21-10.

Hasselbeck played his a$$ off, but if Seattle was the better team today, they would have won the game. I didn't see the refs miss tackles, I didn't see the refs throw the late game INT. Steelers didn't play their best, but they made the plays they had to to win the game, which is what CHAMPIONS do. Stop hatin', and start appreciatin'. Then again, don't appreciate it, it won't make a difference to the Steeler Nation dancing in the streets.

Peace,
DP

fox3 said:
WHOGAS!!!!!!!! Cowher should've been in the FEDEX commercial --fuc%&* neanderthal! What a LOSER.

I'll give you that Cower's chin would fit right in to the caveman era, but "What a LOSER"?????

SCOREBOARD!!!--Actually, he's a winner! And he won it by beating #3, #2, and two #1 seeds in the process!

Neanderthal? Right before the Randel-El pass, I said that the one thing about these Steelers is that they'll call ANY PLAY at ANY TIME , and BINGO, there you have it---Hardly a neanderthal approach . Just the opposite, it's Cower's willingness to push the limits that made us Champs! A conservative coach would have opened the 2nd half with the Bus. Not Cower, he gives Fast Willie Parker another shot, and ba-boom, a Super Bowl record 75 yard run for an UNDRAFTED FREEE AGENT!!!

I did love the Fed-Ex Commercial, though.

AFcitrus said:
Having said that I am disappointed and believe we have just witnessed one of the poorest officiated games in NFL history.

By the experts count (If you consider hall of fame votee John Madden an expert) the steelers were given a total differential of as much as 18 points by the zebras tonight - 4 points when Big Ben failed to get into the end zone but was given the touchdown anyway (by an linesman who changed his mind after making the correct call originally). 10-14 points when the Seahawks had the ball 1st and goal at the Steelers one yard line only to have the play brought back by a ridiculous holding call that had not been called all night.

The Indy-Pit game wasa one the poorest officiating jobs in NFL history.

Madden is an announcer now, and he's trying to keep ratings up.

*IF Ben really didn't get in (by the way, too close to reverse--Whatever the ref called on the field would hold up, because the picture was too blurry at the most critical part of the shot--when Ben was almost on the ground, the ball was CLEARLY not across--The shot that mattered was when Ben was still in the air, after grazing off Bettis' left shoulder pad, That's when I think the side od the ball broke the plane)--

Back to the point, Madden assumes the Steelers walk away with 0 Points? Ridiculous. Cower said he would have gone for it on 4th down, and who knows hao that would have turned up. 3rd and 1.5 yards versus 4th and about a millimeter, nobody knows how that ends up.

That RIDICULOUS? holding call? A spotted that as soon as it happened. I think Clark Haggans is a better linebacker than Porter (ie more physical). He proved me right on that play. He completely muscled Locklear (I think that's the right tackle's name) around the corner, so the guy arm locked Clark, who still got to Hasselbeck. Blatant holding, not reaching out and grabbing the jersey, but crystal clear.

Coaching won this game. And key players making (or not making plays). Big Ben made a horrible throw on 3rd from the 5 (did Madden ask where the game would be if the Steelers complete that to Cedric Wilson?)

Stephens couldn't catch a cold today.

Troy Polamalu was slowed down with an ankle injury and Seattle could never expose it.

Seattle's pro-bowl center was OWNED be Casey Hampton (who in my opinion was the game MVP--although I love Hines Ward, and am happy for him). Seattle allows an interior D-lineman to get a sack when the Steelers are rushing 4? Are you kidding me? They may have won the time of possession, and the turnover and the yardage battle, but the did not seal the deal by putting points on the board--THAT's why they lost.

Rick, maybe if your panthers were there, it would have been a different game (I personnally thought the Steelers matched up better against the Seahawks).

Seattle should have put points on the board when they had the chance, but they didn't. Note to Seattle WR--if you're going to push off, don't do it right in front of the REF!

Pittsburgh made plays when it needed to, and THAT's why they have the trophy!

Mercyful Fate said:
A Stiller fan?

Which Stiller? Ben Stiller?

Obviously, not from da 'burgh an aht. Maybe a Primanti's (proun: permanny's ) cheese steak would help aht.

Jeet Jet?

No, Jew?

furloughfodder said:
The Squeelers won the game thanks to the Refs and a few bad plays by the Seahawks, but Seattle dominated the Steelers on offense and defense the whole game. The Steelers had a couple breakout plays, but overall they sucked. They didn't even get a first down until 20 minutes into the game. Seattle is a much better team overall, but it is impossible to overcome such bad officiating.

Pittsburgh played on eof their worst games in the last 2 months and still won.

If you are new to the Superbowl, the huge TV timeouts really make it impossible for running teams to get into a rhythm (both SEA and PIT). The game comes down to big plays. PIT made them and SEA didn't (except for the 2nd INT). In spite of his worst game since losing to the Bengals, he still led the team and made first downs when we needed to eat the clock--his 25 yards rushing were HUGE, yet you didn't mention them, nor did you mention Fast Willie's 75 yd NFL record run--That's 100 more rushing yards!!!

AFcitrus you're on crack and you're obviously a seahawks fan or just someone that hates the steelers. 18 points, PLEASE that is the biggest load of bs i've ever heard. plain and simple the seahawks were outplayed by a better team with better weapons. and might i add ben didnt even play very well. if he had played a little better it would have been more lopsided. if you want to blame someone for the loss, blame holmgren's god awful clock management and repeated attempts to make long, long field goals. "game will go down in history with an asterisk" . what the f&ck game were u watching. just go away . you obviously dont know sh!t about football. so suck it up seahawks boy you got beat. by the way im a giants fan.

Steeler Fan said:
Obviously, not from da 'burgh an aht. Maybe a Primanti's (proun: permanny's ) cheese steak would help aht.

Jeet Jet?

No, Jew?

Wow, now that clears it all up....

The only thing "Super" about this game was the Rolling Stones at half-time. So much for all the hype with Super Bowl XL. Congrats to the Steelers, but I don't think Big Ben's 22.6 quarterback rating nor the poorly officiated game will go down as one of the best. But hey, they got more points on the scoreboard, and that is all that matters.

RB

Go Cowboys!

Mercyful Fate said:
Wow, now that clears it all up....

There's a book called "Pittsburghese". Pittsburghers have a very different way of speaking. Warsh ve. Wash, etc.

Stillers vs Steelers
Picksburgh vs Pittsburgh.

Just spend few days in Pittsburgh or with people from the burgh and you'll understand.

dollacrackho said:
AFcitrus you're on crack and you're obviously a seahawks fan or just someone that hates the steelers. 18 points, PLEASE that is the biggest load of bs i've ever heard. plain and simple the seahawks were outplayed by a better team with better weapons. and might i add ben didnt even play very well. if he had played a little better it would have been more lopsided. if you want to blame someone for the loss, blame holmgren's god awful clock management and repeated attempts to make long, long field goals. "game will go down in history with an asterisk" . what the f&ck game were u watching. just go away . you obviously dont know sh!t about football. so suck it up seahawks boy you got beat. by the way im a giants fan.

AFcitrus and I made a bet on the Superbowl. I called him right after PIT beat DEN. Unfortunately for him, he's a Carolina Panthers fan, so our matchup never materialized. Fortunately I made another bet with a Seattle Fan (hedging my bets). Oddly enough, Rick doesn't hate the Steelers, but maybe is pulling for the NFC.

I'll admit I'm a diehard Steelers fan. Even with the whole Neil O'Donnell INT vs Cowboys in 1996. I try though, to be objective. Could the Steelers have lost? Sure, especially in the 1st QTR, but don't blame the refs, either blame the Steeler Defense for a bend but don't break attitude, or blame the Hawks for not getting it done.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back