• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Steelers Ride on U.S. Air Boeing 757

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Weeeeeeeeee Are The Champions My Friend!!!!!and We'll keep on fighting.....til' the end!!!!!!!!!!!!
go Steelers!!!!!!

Last edited:
WHOGAS!!!!!!!! Cowher should've been in the FEDEX commercial --fuc%&* neanderthal! What a LOSER.

First, let me start by saying that I am not a Seahawks fan. All I wanted to see was a good game - well played by both teams, well officiated, no trouble, etc.

Having said that I am disappointed and believe we have just witnessed one of the poorest officiated games in NFL history. By the experts count (If you consider hall of fame votee John Madden an expert) the steelers were given a total differential of as much as 18 points by the zebras tonight - 4 points when Big Ben failed to get into the end zone but was given the touchdown anyway (by an linesman who changed his mind after making the correct call originally). 10-14 points when the Seahawks had the ball 1st and goal at the Steelers one yard line only to have the play brought back by a ridiculous holding call that had not been called all night.

I think it is great that the Cowher and the "Bus" finally won a Superbowl, but unfortunately this game will go down in the books with an asterick beside it (if anyone other than Pittsburgh fans even remembers it past next week). I think the officiating crew will be severly reprimanded and we will see some changes next year with regards to officiating. Quite frankly this season was marred by many uncharacteristically poor officiating calls.

Steelers fans- Party on!!
Seahawk fans - Take solice in knowing that no team could have overcome such horendous (sp.) officiating. Not a single close call went your way tonight. I guess there's always next year.

Goodnight

Hey Bill, I know you are partying right now. Give me a call sometime.

Cry me a river loser boy... I could say the same thing about the calls against the Steelers, but Im not. Your a poor loser... Oh yeah, thats right, your a loser. Steelers had a slow start, but they clearly kicked the seahawks butt after half time. Roth... was in, all the ball has to do is cross the plane, not land there, thats all.
Right? Your happy that Cowher and the Bus got their ring, blah, blah, blah... Get glasses or get out of this business. Remember. pilots need to have really good vision and make sound decisions, you cant seem to do either... Deal with it loser boy...

nothing worst that a poor loser crying foul...

BBDC8

There were some close calls but none were dead wrong.

Ben's TD: Look at the replay. The leading edge of the ball and the plane of the goal line come together. Whether or not it was a touchdown is a matter of a few molecules of pigskin.

Two holding calls on Seattle: Both good calls. The second one wasn't as blatant as the first but it was holding nonetheless.

Offensive pass interference by Seattle: Again - not severe, but pushing off nonetheless.

I think calling the game one of the worst officiated in history is a bit extreme. Pittsburgh had their share of unfavorable calls in previous games and still came out on top. Maybe if Seattle didn't miss two field goals and drop a bunch of passes, things might have been different.

If it isn't obvious: GO STEELERS.

The drought is over ... after 27 years the Seahawks have finally gone to the big one ... it won't be the last time. My dad had season tickets starting with the expansion games, and the Seahawks have been my team (win or lose) ever since. In fact I have vivid memories of getting pounded by the STEELERS (when they were awesum). Jim Zorn and the early Seahawks were great examples of sportsmanship and tenacity. - a tradition that was alive tonight. I'm disappointed with the outcome, but (as always) proud of my team.

It has been a great season and the Steel city needs a little good news these days.

Last edited:
BIGBROWNDC8 said:
Cry me a river loser boy... I could say the same thing about the calls against the Steelers, but Im not. Your a poor loser... Oh yeah, thats right, your a loser. Steelers had a slow start, but they clearly kicked the seahawks butt after half time. Roth... was in, all the ball has to do is cross the plane, not land there, thats all.
Right? Your happy that Cowher and the Bus got their ring, blah, blah, blah... Get glasses or get out of this business. Remember. pilots need to have really good vision and make sound decisions, you cant seem to do either... Deal with it loser boy...

nothing worst that a poor loser crying foul...

BBDC8

Hahahaha, and yea your a real sportsman yourself with that attitude...Funny thing is, the guy stated right off the bat he wasnt a Seahawks fan, so how does that make him a sore loser...

This is 100% comedy..

AFcitrus said:
First, let me start by saying that I am not a Seahawks fan. All I wanted to see was a good game - well played by both teams, well officiated, no trouble, etc.

Having said that I am disappointed and believe we have just witnessed one of the poorest officiated games in NFL history. By the experts count (If you consider hall of fame votee John Madden an expert) the steelers were given a total differential of as much as 18 points by the zebras tonight - 4 points when Big Ben failed to get into the end zone but was given the touchdown anyway (by an linesman who changed his mind after making the correct call originally). 10-14 points when the Seahawks had the ball 1st and goal at the Steelers one yard line only to have the play brought back by a ridiculous holding call that had not been called all night.

I think it is great that the Cowher and the "Bus" finally won a Superbowl, but unfortunately this game will go down in the books with an asterick beside it (if anyone other than Pittsburgh fans even remembers it past next week). I think the officiating crew will be severly reprimanded and we will see some changes next year with regards to officiating. Quite frankly this season was marred by many uncharacteristically poor officiating calls.

Steelers fans- Party on!!
Seahawk fans - Take solice in knowing that no team could have overcome such horendous (sp.) officiating. Not a single close call went your way tonight. I guess there's always next year.

Goodnight

Hey Bill, I know you are partying right now. Give me a call sometime.

Give me a break!! The Steelers know a little bit about bad officiating....they barely make it to the AFC Championship game because of a bad interception call that let the Colts back in the game!

As far as tonight....the Ben touchdown (although close by my naked eye), was replayed and ruled a touchdown by the ref, one of the best in the biz according to Madden). As for the other calls you mentioned, those happen to both sides in every game!

Citrus, go cry in your pillow and let Cowher and the boys celebrate a clear-cut victory!

Abe44

(Dislcaimer: I have been a Stiller fan since I was 10 years old)

A Stiller fan?

Which Stiller? Ben Stiller?

BIGBROWNDC8 said:
Steelers had a slow start, but they clearly kicked the seahawks butt after half time.

Really?? That's not what any of the stats show:

PASSING

Hasselbeck 26/49 and 273 yards 1 TD 1 INT
Roethlisberger 9/21 and 123 yards 0 TD 2 INT

RUSHING

Alexander 95 Yards Rushing
Bettis 43 Yards Rushing

RECEIVING

Seahawks Team Total 273 Yards
Squeelers Team Total 166 Yards

INTERCEPTIONS

Seattle 2
Squeelers 1

The Squeelers won the game thanks to the Refs and a few bad plays by the Seahawks, but Seattle dominated the Steelers on offense and defense the whole game. The Steelers had a couple breakout plays, but overall they sucked. They didn't even get a first down until 20 minutes into the game. Seattle is a much better team overall, but it is impossible to overcome such bad officiating.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back