Steelers Ride on U.S. Air Boeing 757

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
reparations

Yeah I feel bad for all the Seattle whiners too. I say they should be credited a touchdown AND a missed field goal.

That way it would have actually been close. Its too bad those mean wefs wobbed them of their twophy. It sure would have looked good next to their 4 others. With all the crybabies no wonder it rains so much in Seattle.

Neither team played their best game. Both had calls (and non calls) that coulda/shoulda have gone differently. For Seattle to lose by more than double, barely being able to score in the first place, giving back a Xmas present of a turnover with one of their own, in light of the Steelers not even showing up for the first quarter+ in the champoinship game of Seattle's lucky to even be there miracle season is laughable.

Like Pacino said in Any Given Sunday. "You like my ring? You should win one yourself. No really, win one."

Last edited:
Hey, uh, Ironcity..

Im curious if you saw your buddy Ben say on Letterman he felt he didnt get the ball in on that "touchdown" they called...

seems even your own players dont know what the hell happened..

I believe he was saying that, at the time of the play, he didn't know if he got in or not. He couldn't tell exactly where forward progress stopped as the play was happening. So what?

Fins Up said:
I believe he was saying that, at the time of the play, he didn't know if he got in or not. He couldn't tell exactly where forward progress stopped as the play was happening. So what?

So, its time for Steelers fans to face the music with the rest of the NFL world and admit the game was a piece of crap..from the way both teams played, to the even worse performance from the officials...

It certainly wasn't a great game. With not much going on on either side and Seattle missing two field goals and dropping numerous passes, the Championship games were definitely better games.

Your absolutely right. If both teams would have put a performance like that up against any of the teams they played in the playoffs, it would have been a whole different story..

Not a bowl I for sure am going to remember being worth the waste of time it was watching it...

Mercyful Fate said:
Your absolutely right. If both teams would have put a performance like that up against any of the teams they played in the playoffs, it would have been a whole different story..

Not a bowl I for sure am going to remember being worth the waste of time it was watching it...

That's what you have when 2 primarily strong defensive teams square off. Pittsburgh was NOT going to let Shawn Alexander beat them. The defense also refused to give up big plays. The plan was to force Seattle to beat them with long sustained drives. Let's recall that the only TD they scored was after the INT with a short field.

*By the way, if you want fair and balanced, if you watch the replay, the REFs missed when Big Ben was blocked in the back during the return. That's 10 yds from the spot of the foul, if called, and who know if Seattle could have scored from that position.

A reverse/wide receiver pass for a TD and a 75 yard TD run hardly are ho-hum and a waste of time. Personally, I think if Ben doesn't throw the second INT, then the Bus and Company eat the clock (although Holmgren pretty much took care of that with their offense).

Steeler fan,

You dead on about the pass and run from the Steelers, that is far from ho-hum...but, in my opinion those were the only two things worth a "whoa" in my book with that game

Latest resources

Back