Steelers Ride on U.S. Air Boeing 757

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Red Baron said:
Congrats to the Steelers, but I don't think Big Ben's 22.6 quarterback rating nor the poorly officiated game will go down as one of the best. But hey, they got more points on the scoreboard, and that is all that matters.

RB
Sometimes the rating doesn't tell the whole story. Alot of dropped passes (by Hines and Cedric on 1st downs). Other QB's would have withered on the vine after that 2nd INT, but Big Ben made Big Plays when we needed them. First downs with 6:00 to go in the game are big plays. He'll learn from this and be even better next year.

*Talk about dropped passes, Stephens had a few.

I don't care what anyone says about stats or bad officiating or what. Bottom line is the "Chrome Trophy" is headed for Blitzbrugh and it will be united with the other four at Heinz Field.
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!5X

Last edited:
AFcitrus said:
Big Ben failed to get into the end zone but was given the touchdown anyway...

It was a touchdown, anyone could see that the ball broke the plane when he was airborne. It was after he was hit that he landed a few feet back, forward progress was all that was needed. The linesman also had a poor view as the ball was obscured when Ben was in the air. Seahawks lost, they need to get over it. (and I am not a Steelers fan, but rooted for them)

I think it's an awful big stretch to say that the ball clearly made it into the end zone on Ben's TD run. Sure he made it and it was clear, but it was close as to whether the ball made it or not. Either way, I don't think there was 'indisputable evidence' or whatever their burden of proof is to overturn the call. I think there were a few poor calls in a row that could have turned things one way or the other. I can't blame the game on the officials...but you have to admit that the holding call that was questionable at best. At that point in the game it made a huge swing. Also the 15 yard personal foul on Hasselbeck was pretty weak. Tell me that I'm whiny or that good teams overcome bad calls or whatever...I'm not saying it cost them the game...but you can't deny that it could have been better. I'll also say that Seattle could have used the clock much better, and perhaps avoided some of the other holds they were called for in the first half. Anyway...mildly entertaining game with a less than exciting half time show.....

holy cow

the steelers won. who cares about stats, whether ben crossed the line or who held what.

21-10. thats all we need to know. steelers are superbowl champions again and no-one can take that away from them. no amount of whining and crying can help the seahawks or their fans

now go pick up your picket signs and show management how much they suck and lets keep this profession respectable

Here are the important stats from the game:
- First 6th seeded team to win a super bowl.
- Longest TD run in Super Bowl history (from a guy nobody knew before this year)
- Youngest QB to win a Super Bowl (passer rating notwithstanding)
- Longest TD Pass by a Wide Receiver (that one won't be broken for a while)
- Joining the elite club of 5 Super Bowl winners

Am I missing anything? Keep your whining about "bad officiating" to yourself.

Steeler Fan said:
Obviously, not from da 'burgh an aht. Maybe a Primanti's (proun: permanny's ) cheese steak would help aht.

Jeet Jet?

No, Jew?

Yinz goink dahntahn for de Stiller parade?

abe44 said:
Yinz goink dahntahn for de Stiller parade?

That's perfect! I had a buddy from Central Cat-lick High Skool who sounded just like that! He lived in Polish Hill, lost one testacle in some kind of freakinsh bicycle accident, and was the fisrt guy from my class to get his girlfriend pregnant.

No, I never saw it, he said he had just one, so I took his word on it.

*I'm goin to Disneyland? Hines should have said, I'm goin to Kennywood!

Fins Up said:
Here are the important stats from the game:
- First 6th seeded team to win a super bowl.
- Longest TD run in Super Bowl history (from a guy nobody knew before this year)
- Youngest QB to win a Super Bowl (passer rating notwithstanding)
- Longest TD Pass by a Wide Receiver (that one won't be broken for a while)
- Joining the elite club of 5 Super Bowl winners

Am I missing anything? Keep your whining about "bad officiating" to yourself.

Yes, the first time Seattle has ever gone to the superbowl! It has been a LONG wait. I'm ready fo the next step.

ivauir said:
Yes, the first time Seattle has ever gone to the superbowl! It has been a LONG wait. I'm ready fo the next step.

The hardest thing to do is keep the team together, especially with free agency.

I think Seattle's Left Tackle, Jones, is awesome, and a free agent, as is Shawn Alexander. I wonder is Seattle has enough Cap space to keep both.

Pittsburgh has Cap problems as well--projected $4.5 million over for next year. Should be pretty interesting in the months to come. Football for the diehard is a year-round sport.

But for now, I'm just loving having a championship back in the burgh!

Latest resources

Back