• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stealth Age 67 to 70

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AWESOME rumors and ideas! First that we should stagnate growth indefinitely, work till we die, and at the same time a suggestion that CA's make the same as FO's. So IF I ever upgrade I can look forward to that... and I bet if the age limit is removed, but those over 60 have to sit right seat, that WILL be the next move.

List,

Ok, how much more should u make as a CP when u upgrade? The CPs job has been made easier over the years, and the FOs share responsibility if something goes wrong...the diff btw the jobs has diminished, yet FOs labor on the low end of an archaic two tier pay system. With age 67 on the horizon and Seniority list stagnation a reality, how long r u willing to wait to get yours (upgrade) and how much $$ will u lose?

If the "fly 'till u die" age passes, a few changes need to be incorporated into the FOM and FH.
1) All gummers* shall have the shoulder harnesses on and in the locked postion at all times while the aircraft is in motion.
2) Depends shall be part of the uniform for all gummers* as the use of the lavatory during flight is prohibited for all gummers* to include any jumpseaters who fit this criteria. Random Depends checks will be conducted by a qualified FA. The FA peforming the inspection must have more than 30 years of seniority with the company since he/she will have first hand experience with the operation of the Depends device.
3) All FOs shall be trained and qualified on the defibrillator. No exceptions. This will be an annual training requirement. This will be a hands-on training event consisting of one FO and one gummer*. A trained ER technician shall be present during training in the event the gummer* fails the training event. All crew members are required to pass this event and the training will continue untill all gummers* have been exhausted. There will be no remedial training.

*=any flight crew members over the age of 60

if it gets pushed back again I will kick someone in the face.

I'm saving enough to retire at age 55 and can't wait. Goodbye. All you greedy, cranky old f----s can die in the left seat if it really is your goal.

What happened to ethics? Toe the line and take your turn?

Retirements haven't even resumed and old guys want it moved up. This should remove all doubt as to which generation holds the franchise on greed.

Gummers ought to wear the defibrillator the entire flight. It should be wired to the emergency bus.

Really? How about, "Dammit, and I thought the defrib was charged before we left. Sorry Cap'n, looks like I'm gonna have to take this landing myself. Can you get please get your hands off you chest and at least get the gear?"

Last edited:
3) All FOs shall be trained and qualified on the defibrillator. No exceptions.

I'm already trained therein, but I won't be using it on a gummer. I'd rather it be available for someone actually worth saving.

This is the latest on this issue:

L-CAL training and advancement plan for the latest bid is now overdue. If we don't see that plan by Friday, we've got trouble. Old, senior pilots (mostly L-UAL, some L-CAL) are lobbying for age waivers to 67 from the FAA. These guys are whispering in jeff and fred's ears and suggesting they help them stay two more years, and in return these old pilots will help mgt continue to outsource, cancel upgrades, and forego hiring. They are using the big L-CAL bid, the crossover UAL pilots who are coming back to the company, and the rumored hiring as leverage to help them stay.

Yeah, this is a stretch, but it's all they have, really [luckily]. Another official age increase has no support.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back