• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Status at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your Fu@(!n sh!^!n me right Troll? There is no money because the pilots food costs are putting the company in the red? HA HA HA!
FYI- the company rejected a pilot proposal that would have saved the company $20 million a year in crew food costs. Because the brain trust (read management) didn't come up with the idea it was never considered.

I said facts, ante up Troll.

The books? you mean the cooked books? Remember Enron, MCI, Arther Anderson, etc.?

Here is some foder to help you purge:

Just answer these questions:

1. How much has NetJets spent on the Russian operation?
2. How much money has gone to NetJets Middle-East?
3. How much money has the Europe operation spent on it's headquarters?
4. How much was the most recent contract with Raytheon?
5. How much money in terms of a dollar amount has the latest MMF increase raised in 2005? How much additional income will it bring in for F.Y. 2006?
6. How much money does dollar Bill spend when he uses an aircraft for personal business;what is the cost to the owners that he bumped?
Bonus question-How much money does it take to feed and care for one of Shamtulli's quarter horses?

When you can answer these and other questions then you will see that indeed the money is there. It is just that upper management doesn't want to pay unless they have too.

Last edited:
CMHTroll said:
My question is do you know how much waste there is in pilot crew food? Not normal everyday good food, but elk steaks etc? Setting into something reasonable like prime rib or strip would save a lot of money. It is the exotic meals you order that waste money. The company could save millions. That is your control. What are you going to do about it?

It is a typical Union ploy to say that the waste is the Company’s fault and if everything were perfect then they could pay the Union members more. It is never perfect at any company and it won’t be at NetJets no matter how much you whine. That argument has never held up before and won’t now.

Monkey, your Team will soon find out when you look at the books. Ask them to give you the truth!

So, you'd rather have the pilots eat crackers and fountain water before their long flights? You have to be kidding me...

Elk steaks? That's got to be the exception and not the rule - perhaps there weren't many choices at ASE or Jackson Hole - you never know. I hear about the terrible repositioning inefficiencies every time I talk to NJA and NJI guys on the road. What about the training connection between NJA and Flight Safety - coincidence that both are owned by Mr. Buffet? How competitive are the training rates for NJA/NJI pilots vs. those from other potential sim providers? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. A little bit of subsidization? Could NJA negotiate lower training costs based upon volume like a normal airline would?

And let's admit it - Warren Buffet has a lot of cash. Time is running out and the wallet will be opening up soon....

Bad Monkey! said:
Your Fu@(!n sh!^!n me right Troll? There is no money because the pilots food costs are putting the company in the red? HA HA HA!
FYI- the company rejected a pilot proposal that would have saved the company $20 million a year in crew food costs. Because the brain trust (read management) didn't come up with the idea it was never considered.

I said facts, ante up Troll.

The books? you mean the cooked books? Remember Enron, MCI, Arther Anderson, etc.?

Here is some foder to help you purge:

Just answer these questions:

1. How much has NetJets spent on the Russian operation?
2. How much money has gone to NetJets Middle-East?
3. How much money has the Europe operation spent on it's headquarters?
4. How much was the most recent contract with Raytheon?
5. How much money in terms of a dollar amount has the latest MMF increase raised in 2005? How much additional income will it bring in for F.Y. 2006?
6. How much money does dollar Bill spend when he uses an aircraft for personal business;what is the cost to the owners that he bumped?
Bonus question-How much money does it take to feed and care for one of Shamtulli's quarter horses?

When you can answer these and other questions then you will see that indeed the money is there. It is just that upper management doesn't want to pay unless they have too.

LOL....there you go again...drinking and posting.....

Last I heard, total annual cost of crew meals was around $20 million....what is this magical pilot proposal that will save $20 million?

I've got one...eliminate the double dip of crew meals and per diem....or better yet, report the benefits as taxable income...

As for your other 'questions'....one answer fits them all - Less than the money spent on wages for NJA pilots....

On Your Six said:
So, you'd rather have the pilots eat crackers and fountain water before their long flights? You have to be kidding me...

Elk steaks? That's got to be the exception and not the rule - perhaps there weren't many choices at ASE or Jackson Hole - you never know. I hear about the terrible repositioning inefficiencies every time I talk to NJA and NJI guys on the road. What about the training connection between NJA and Flight Safety - coincidence that both are owned by Mr. Buffet? How competitive are the training rates for NJA/NJI pilots vs. those from other potential sim providers? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. A little bit of subsidization? Could NJA negotiate lower training costs based upon volume like a normal airline would?

And let's admit it - Warren Buffet has a lot of cash. Time is running out and the wallet will be opening up soon....

You're right about the crew food Six.... Elk steaks and the like are the exception. I talk to a lot of the people in the catering dept and most of the crew meals are very modest. But when you have 2000+ pilots you can find an 'exception' almost every day.

As for flight safety training costs, NetJets should get a volume discount given the volume of training that we buy. I believe we are getting a good discount and have asked for over 2 months for someone to post who gets a better rate than we do. No one has been able to deliver on that yet.

As for Buffett's cash, I suggest you read his annual reports a little more closely. He makes it very clear in the annual reports that he expects every business BH owns to be profitable in its own right. He will not use Geico or Dairy Queen profits to pay NJ pilot salaries. So if you're looking for Buffett to open up his wallet and get us all out of this mess then you'll be waiting a long time.

Since you replied F.G I guess you are also CMH Troll.

PS. I don't drink dork, and that includes the company kool-aid.

Family Dork I will gladly give up my per diem. Now can I have my two hour break for food three times a day? Why two hours? Because it will take that long to get a cab go to a decent place to eat and get back preflight the airplane again and takeoff. Here is an idea to SAVE the company money. Make the paxs pay for their catering. Some fleets do make them pay others do not. Once again why hasn't the company managers negotiated a better price on catering? Why hasn't management done this? As a matter of FACT the union did have a plan that they presented to NJA that would have saved the company millions of dollars on catering. THE COMPANY SAID NO! Now crawl back under Shamtulli's desk and the pilots will fix all the problems just like we do everyday. Once again you prove how inept this management team is. One more thing per BB himself in company recurrent "do not call the travel department if you found a cheaper airline flight then the one travel found for you. We don't care what the airline cost." I just wonder how much Shamtulli and his gang get on kickbacks from first aviation and Rudy's.

Last edited:
Well NJA? What say you? I'll trade that per diem for three lunch hours any day of the week. Seem like a good deal to me. We save money and my QOL just keeps going up.

NJA....NJA....Bueller....Bueller??????????

Latest resources

Back