• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

State of fractionals including NJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I always thought buying 15 Honda Jets and spreading them around the US having them on the EJM ticket would be a good idea for:

1. Training potential NetJets Pilots
  2. Moving crews
  3. Use as back-fill for NJA owners on very short flights
Son, did you eat paint chips as a kid?

I always thought buying 15 Honda Jets and spreading them around the US having them on the EJM ticket would be a good idea for:

1. Training potential NetJets Pilots
  2. Moving crews
  3. Use as back-fill for NJA owners on very short flights

Sigh.... Have we learned nothing from our airline brothers? I can't wait until there is a 8 seat VLJ to replace us Citation V pilots, just like the 90+ seat RJ's replaced mainline airline pilots......

If they want a fleet of planes (no matter the size) that could be used to move us or our owners, it should be NJA pilots flying them, not another group of pilots who might one day take our flying away.....

Oh, and I believe there is provisions in the current CBA for negotiating "VLJ" type aircraft, along with SSBJ aircraft, so both ends should be covered.

There's always going to be rich people and the reduction in airline capacity and 90%+ load factors, I think may drive even more business our way.

Ultimately, I don't know. It's way above my paid grade. I trust those in charge, know what they are doing. It has slowed some. Not much but we are just starting our busy season. The nice thing is we are can rely on contracts to maintain us during the downturn if it gets real bad.

I think NJA is far better off then most including the airlines. Very happy to be here. I hope we can all prosper.

Sigh.... Have we learned nothing from our airline brothers? I can't wait until there is a 8 seat VLJ to replace us Citation V pilots, just like the 90+ seat RJ's replaced mainline airline pilots......

Do you really believe that our owners would want to ride around in a Piper Malibu with Jet engines? I don't.

The HondaJet is:
  • more economical than a Ultra
  • cheaper to buy
  • (probably faster... :laugh:)
And most pilots with the experience to fly at NetJets aren't going to want to fly a VLJ, as they most likely already will have.

Bottom Line, period:

"If operating an in-house fleet of airplanes to move flight crews creates better utilization of said flight crews, and lowers the overall travel expenses incurred by the company, all-the-while not jeopardizing anyone's safety doing so..... Then friggin do it."

As for learning anything from our Airline Brothers quote.... I've learned they are not real brothers, they were adopted, and no one loves them (their parents included). That boat sailed a long time ago, and they are still sitting on the dock trying to sell tickets.

Do you really believe that our owners would want to ride around in a Piper Malibu with Jet engines? I don't.

Right now, with there limited room and cargo, probably not. In a few years, a second or third generation VLJ design, they might be very well be on par with our current corporate aircraft (except for the well paid pilot.)

The HondaJet is:
  • more economical than a Ultra
  • cheaper to buy
  • (probably faster... :laugh:)
And most pilots with the experience to fly at NetJets aren't going to want to fly a VLJ, as they most likely already will have.

Again, who would have foreseen all of the RJ's flying around when they were first introduced? Think how many boeing and airbus aircraft would be flying around if RJ's never existed....

Bottom Line, period:

"If operating an in-house fleet of airplanes to move flight crews creates better utilization of said flight crews, and lowers the overall travel expenses incurred by the company, all-the-while not jeopardizing anyone's safety doing so..... Then friggin do it."

I have no problem with a fleet of Piperjets, CirusJets, or Mustangs, flying owners or crewmembers. I just want to make sure that if NetJets decides to do it, it will be NetJets pilots flying them, not some other outfit. I look at the "deal" that NJA pilots accepted to get the NJI flying back in-house, and we don't need a repeat with a VLJ fleet.

No pilot group has ever won by giving there flying away to someone else. NetJets pilots should fly NetJets planes and passengers.

As for learning anything from our Airline Brothers quote.... I've learned they are not real brothers, they were adopted, and no one loves them (their parents included). That boat sailed a long time ago, and they are still sitting on the dock trying to sell tickets.

I'm willing to learn from the airline pilot's mistakes. A contract means nothing without Scope..... Thinking that those little turboprop and jet planes were no big thing, no one would every want to fly them long distances, they would just always feed to our big airline, etc... Arrogance at it's finest

I doubt that we will get a separate fleet of VLJ's to fly crews around, but if we do we must protect ourselves from a "RJ" type situation.

You missed the point. It is not about if we want to fly those VLJs, but if those VLJs' young pilots would want to fly a Netjets CE750. The danger is if we hire a bunch of 2nd-tier paid VLJ pilots to fly us around, they will be eventually like RJ pilots tripping over themselves to fly 737s.

Now, if Netjets wanna pay us current pay rate to fly VLJs to haul our own guys around, AND give us a annual personal travel account allowance (say $2,000/yr) to substitute the airlines points that we would be missing, I am all for it!

dont worry it wont happen.....

I think the company would be better off to take the 5 most used airlines and "buy" space ahead of time....similar to fuel hedging.

just a thought.

Latest resources

Back