• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Starbucks buys a jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope caramel machiato prices don't ESCALATE after this recent purchase. With my addiction it won't matter anyway...

I love how Jerry Seinfeld use to refer to Starbucks as "Four Bucks" because of the average cost of a drink there.

Agreed! That is a good drink. But it can really pack on the pounds. I have switched to a "skinny vanilla latte" now. Pretty good with much less calories and 0 fat. Unfortunately, it's still about 4 bucks : }

I second that!!!!!!!!
If it wasnt for these companies buying jets, we wouldnt have jobs. People just dont realize how important private aircraft are to a large company such as Starbucks. Not to mention new airplane means less pilots on the street

While it is true that more pilots would be on the street, it is still a poor fiscal argument. That is why I stick to the fact that these businesses need the freedom to operate in a free market. If we restrict how companies can operate we also restrict their ability to do business. And lets face it, there is alot that these "watch dogs" don't know about the company. However they act as though they have inside information of waste. I'll tell you where the waste is. The government could do some belt tightening of their own.

Agreed! That is a good drink. But it can really pack on the pounds. I have switched to a "skinny vanilla latte" now. Pretty good with much less calories and 0 fat. Unfortunately, it's still about 4 bucks : }

I don't drink coffee, so forgive me GearGuy if it tastes really good. But when I hear "skinny vanilla latte", all I can envision is a light-in-the-loafers sharp dressed pilot standing in line with ProPilot under one arm and the new J. Crew catalog in the other.........

I hope that I am wrong.

Last edited:
The disgusting part about this is that this "combined personal and business trip" (yeah right) is being written off on their taxes. Schultz (you know it's him) walks into one store on the islands and that's enough to make it legit.

The bit about ordering the 550 "to save money" because the V was coming out of warranty smells like BS as well...

I don't drink coffee, so forgive me GearGuy if it tastes really good. But when I hear "skinny vanilla latte", all I can envision is a light-in-the-loafers sharp dressed pilot standing in line with ProPilot under one arm and the new J. Crew catalog in the other.........

I hope that I am wrong.

Whne I think of the average Dunkin Donuts coffee drinker, I think big bellied, red faced, blue-collar, working class, shirt hanging out, ignoramous. Oh... and the bumper on the pickup truck outside usually says "Buy American" ("Love Jesus" or some other trite statement) with a confederate flag license plate frame and a gun rack.

One reason I avoid DD's and spend a little extra on a proper latte from my favorite barista. Hardly sophisticated, but worth avoiding the inconsistent brew as well.

I hope that I am wrong.

Actually its a Lands End catalog. But you were so close. Thanks for adding to the conversation.

The bit about ordering the 550 "to save money" because the V was coming out of warranty smells like BS as well...

It happens a lot. Remember, it's "Corporate Finance", not reality. ;)

TC

Latest resources

Back