say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Total Time
I'm guessing no FBO coffee on board!

semperfido

Keep Humpin
Total Time
11K+
i am appalled. only Dunkin Doonuts for me from now on. :)

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Total Time
+/-13k
Great. I can hear the brown shirts breaking the storefront windows as we speak...

If they didn't take Gov't. money then it's a shareholder issue. There are plenty of issues for "watchdogs" to go after--this isn't one.

TC

X man

Total Time
Starbucks corporate aircraft

Wait a minute, before you guys sharpen your axes, they apparently purchased the aircraft three years ago, when business was booming , and their was a starbucks on every other street corner. And who knows what kind of negotiations they went through to get that particular aircraft , considering their current economic statements, at rock bottom prices. Remember their are two sides to every rumor, before it becomes a story. Those guys are clever, and I am sure they took advantage of the situation regardless of the cost cutting they have had to initiate last year. Perhaps a bit more time should be considered and more info gathered before we think they should be lined up against the wall.

G4G5

Total Time
8500+
From what I understand the G5's cappuccino machine broke, hence the need for a new 550.

I probably paid for a wheel or a something like that with all the $7 Carmel Machiado's my wife and I purchased over the past few years

gear_guy

Total Time
6000+
Who cares!!!! We have to stop trying to tell these busineses how to operate. If you think you can do a better job than by all means, do it! This is a free market economy. If they want to spend every last dime of $ paying for gas to do whatever, whenever and wherever they want in their G550, it is their business. Not yours or mine. You do, however, have a choice. If you don't like it... don't invest in it. The result: G550 on the market and more pilots looking for jobs. Otherwise, we need too tell these "watchdogs" to take a leap. IMO

LJ45

Total Time
Who cares!!!! We have to stop trying to tell these busineses how to operate. If you think you can do a better job than by all means, do it! This is a free market economy. If they want to spend every last dime of $ paying for gas to do whatever, whenever and wherever they want in their G550, it is their business. Not yours or mine. You do, however, have a choice. If you don't like it... don't invest in it. The result: G550 on the market and more pilots looking for jobs. Otherwise, we need too tell these "watchdogs" to take a leap. IMO
BIG AMEN !!

jagmagic

Total Time
I second that!!!!!!!!
If it wasnt for these companies buying jets, we wouldnt have jobs. People just dont realize how important private aircraft are to a large company such as Starbucks. Not to mention new airplane means less pilots on the street

johnsonrod

Total Time
8000+
I hope caramel machiato prices don't ESCALATE after this recent purchase. With my addiction it won't matter anyway...

I love how Jerry Seinfeld use to refer to Starbucks as "Four Bucks" because of the average cost of a drink there.

gear_guy

Total Time
6000+
I hope caramel machiato prices don't ESCALATE after this recent purchase. With my addiction it won't matter anyway...

I love how Jerry Seinfeld use to refer to Starbucks as "Four Bucks" because of the average cost of a drink there.

Agreed! That is a good drink. But it can really pack on the pounds. I have switched to a "skinny vanilla latte" now. Pretty good with much less calories and 0 fat. Unfortunately, it's still about 4 bucks : }

ksu_aviator

GO CATS
Total Time
All that criticism coming from the same people that can't pay their own bills. What does that tell you?

gear_guy

Total Time
6000+
I second that!!!!!!!!
If it wasnt for these companies buying jets, we wouldnt have jobs. People just dont realize how important private aircraft are to a large company such as Starbucks. Not to mention new airplane means less pilots on the street
While it is true that more pilots would be on the street, it is still a poor fiscal argument. That is why I stick to the fact that these businesses need the freedom to operate in a free market. If we restrict how companies can operate we also restrict their ability to do business. And lets face it, there is alot that these "watch dogs" don't know about the company. However they act as though they have inside information of waste. I'll tell you where the waste is. The government could do some belt tightening of their own.

flyguy75000

Total Time
Agreed! That is a good drink. But it can really pack on the pounds. I have switched to a "skinny vanilla latte" now. Pretty good with much less calories and 0 fat. Unfortunately, it's still about 4 bucks : }

I don't drink coffee, so forgive me GearGuy if it tastes really good. But when I hear "skinny vanilla latte", all I can envision is a light-in-the-loafers sharp dressed pilot standing in line with ProPilot under one arm and the new J. Crew catalog in the other.........

I hope that I am wrong.

Last edited:

F/O

Smells like....
Total Time
The disgusting part about this is that this "combined personal and business trip" (yeah right) is being written off on their taxes. Schultz (you know it's him) walks into one store on the islands and that's enough to make it legit.

The bit about ordering the 550 "to save money" because the V was coming out of warranty smells like BS as well...

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
Total Time
I don't drink coffee, so forgive me GearGuy if it tastes really good. But when I hear "skinny vanilla latte", all I can envision is a light-in-the-loafers sharp dressed pilot standing in line with ProPilot under one arm and the new J. Crew catalog in the other.........

I hope that I am wrong.
Whne I think of the average Dunkin Donuts coffee drinker, I think big bellied, red faced, blue-collar, working class, shirt hanging out, ignoramous. Oh... and the bumper on the pickup truck outside usually says "Buy American" ("Love Jesus" or some other trite statement) with a confederate flag license plate frame and a gun rack.

One reason I avoid DD's and spend a little extra on a proper latte from my favorite barista. Hardly sophisticated, but worth avoiding the inconsistent brew as well.

gear_guy

Total Time
6000+

I hope that I am wrong.
Actually its a Lands End catalog. But you were so close. Thanks for adding to the conversation.

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Total Time
+/-13k
The bit about ordering the 550 "to save money" because the V was coming out of warranty smells like BS as well...
It happens a lot. Remember, it's "Corporate Finance", not reality. ;)

TC