• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Starbucks buys a jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great. I can hear the brown shirts breaking the storefront windows as we speak...

If they didn't take Gov't. money then it's a shareholder issue. There are plenty of issues for "watchdogs" to go after--this isn't one.

TC

Starbucks corporate aircraft

Wait a minute, before you guys sharpen your axes, they apparently purchased the aircraft three years ago, when business was booming , and their was a starbucks on every other street corner. And who knows what kind of negotiations they went through to get that particular aircraft , considering their current economic statements, at rock bottom prices. Remember their are two sides to every rumor, before it becomes a story. Those guys are clever, and I am sure they took advantage of the situation regardless of the cost cutting they have had to initiate last year. Perhaps a bit more time should be considered and more info gathered before we think they should be lined up against the wall.

From what I understand the G5's cappuccino machine broke, hence the need for a new 550.

I probably paid for a wheel or a something like that with all the $7 Carmel Machiado's my wife and I purchased over the past few years

Who cares!!!! We have to stop trying to tell these busineses how to operate. If you think you can do a better job than by all means, do it! This is a free market economy. If they want to spend every last dime of $ paying for gas to do whatever, whenever and wherever they want in their G550, it is their business. Not yours or mine. You do, however, have a choice. If you don't like it... don't invest in it. The result: G550 on the market and more pilots looking for jobs. Otherwise, we need too tell these "watchdogs" to take a leap. IMO

Who cares!!!! We have to stop trying to tell these busineses how to operate. If you think you can do a better job than by all means, do it! This is a free market economy. If they want to spend every last dime of $ paying for gas to do whatever, whenever and wherever they want in their G550, it is their business. Not yours or mine. You do, however, have a choice. If you don't like it... don't invest in it. The result: G550 on the market and more pilots looking for jobs. Otherwise, we need too tell these "watchdogs" to take a leap. IMO

BIG AMEN !!

I second that!!!!!!!!
If it wasnt for these companies buying jets, we wouldnt have jobs. People just dont realize how important private aircraft are to a large company such as Starbucks. Not to mention new airplane means less pilots on the street

I hope caramel machiato prices don't ESCALATE after this recent purchase. With my addiction it won't matter anyway...

I love how Jerry Seinfeld use to refer to Starbucks as "Four Bucks" because of the average cost of a drink there.

Latest resources

Back