• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spouse on the overnight?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're kidding, right? The 1200 hour King of Cherokees is going to lecture an airline captain on professionalism? Tell ya what kid, when you learn to find your ass with two hands in an airliner, then you'll be entitled to an opinion on such matters. Until then, get back to your bug smashing and leave the fuel decisions to us.

And by the way, in your profile, the Beech B58 is spelled B-A-R-O-N, not Barron. Dummy.[/quote

Agreed.

You know what would really suck? Bringing the Mrs. along, and the FAs get lit (or not) and tell her about you extracurricular activities with other FAs.

Something to the effect of:

"Yeah, your man is riding Julie C. on the PDX overnights" or something like that.

WTF!!

My girlfriend's name is Julie C.

fi your wife is a flight attendant at the same airline you fly for, then you are bound to get busted...been there..done that....

fi your wife is a flight attendant at the same airline you fly for, then you are bound to get busted...been there..done that....

Unless that's how y'all got together in the first place...

I have seen others who bring their wife on an overnight. The few times I have seen it, once we arrive at the destination the wife usually just takes the hotel van with us. If its a big Airport I think she leaves early to go through security on the way back. In any event I was thinking of doing this. I'm just curious if the Hotel cares one way or the other. I dont think the guys I flew with made any prior arrangements. Has anyone done this or know what the norm is? Thanks

To answer the original question, it depends upon transportation between the hotel and the airport.

If it's hotel provided transportation, most often, there isn't a problem. If it's a contract limo, it can become a problem. I had this happen years ago. Our F/A was a commuter from our layover city and went home. The limo service contracted with our company to transport three crew members to and from XYZ hotel. The drive taking us to the hotel was cool with my wife riding in with us. He explained the potential problem during the drive in.

The next day, a different driver from the same limo service, refused to take my wife with us. We told him our F/A wasn't coming because she was local. He was adamant and wouldn't take my wife. The captain took the limo and we took a cab.

Fly safe!

Not very professional, was it!
Here we are everyone on this board bashes the management of each airline, but when it comes to 'their' fuel...yep, I'd rather have my spouse on board and burn fuel for nothing.

How can you expect your employer to treat you well if you do not care about treating 'them' right.

Ever heard of integrity?

Bunny

Bunny,

Who let you out of the kitchen again? :puke:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back