• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As for hiring at Spirit...the original post... don't they have guys on furlough still? Additionally, the VA model is great-- it's kinda like jetblue's... However, look at their route structure... More than 50% of their flying is transcon, where jetblue has paired our transcons back due to oil prices in the past. It's all about oil, and if this thing continues in Egypt where the Suez Canal is in danger of being shut down-- you're going to see oil above 100/bl again....

Hmm...I think JetBlue has pulled out of a few city pairs not because of oil but to avoid direct competition with VA, which they will never be able to compete against due to JB's costs. Barger "says" otherwise, but it is quite a coincidence (he-he). VA is doing an excellent job of duplicating what JB did in the 2000's, aren't they? Taking market share by undercutting the competition with the help of low cost, non-union labor? It is like watching history repeat itself over and over......

Hmm...I think JetBlue has pulled out of a few city pairs not because of oil but to avoid direct competition with VA, which they will never be able to compete against due to JB's costs. Barger "says" otherwise, but it is quite a coincidence (he-he). VA is doing an excellent job of duplicating what JB did in the 2000's, aren't they? Taking market share by undercutting the competition with the help of low cost, non-union labor? It is like watching history repeat itself over and over......

Fwiw, I think the "low cost" labor part of equation is by a large part, driven by the fact that the majority of the employees have been there less than three years. It is difficult for an older/matured company to compete with a new company because of this. Think legacies vs. Southwest for the past decade or two... All companies that survive long term generally go through this life pattern.

S

Can anybody comment on the process/experience from current spirit interviews? Every gouge website is from years ago.....let us know what to expect!

Seven exclamation marks for Spirit? Really?

Seven exclamation marks for Spirit? Really?

That is what I was thinking, you should have used eight question marks. I think they started a class on 1/31 of 12 or 16 (I've heard both numbers) when we were hiring like gang busters they were running a class of 8 every two weeks, for the most part.

Anybody has any new info on spirit, has anybody been called? I applied with 2 internal recom but so far not a single call???

Why did you feel the need to put seven exclaimation points after the word "Spirit" in your subject line?

Wow, I guess inquiring minds want to know about the exclamation points.

Anyway, in regard to the rumor of a major announcement in three weeks, when was the start of the three weeks?

Exactly, and a year and 4 weeks ago, and 2 years ago, and...
It's a recurring theme through the grapevine.

Latest resources

Back