• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Polar Opposites!

Spirit makes money,
VA doesn't.

Actually VA is making money and far sooner than they expected. It is only going to get better with more and more airplanes coming on property! The VA model would be the one to survive....people LOVE our product and can't wait for us to get bigger. I don't put a whole lot into this info though....Virgin is going to take over the World all on its own. :D

Well hopefully we get DOH in the integration, VA is non-union, Spirit is ALPA, ALPA will watch our back! DOH would be fine for most Spirit pilots.

Have "serious" talks between VA and Spirit been confirmed? Or is this just another FI rumor? Anything to get Benny Baldanza and his thriftiness out of there....

Have "serious" talks between VA and Spirit been confirmed? Or is this just another FI rumor? Anything to get Benny Baldanza and his thriftiness out of there....

Absolutely nothing has been confirmed as far as VA. Internet rumor like the rest. As valid as "we are getting A330s". Or SW buys us, JB buys us, Republic buys us. Anything can happen to a small airline but nothing has been confirmed about ANY M&A activity whatsoever. Period.

I was at the crew room sitting over there with 4 FA. All the sudden 3 of them received text messages from others FA that were at HQ doing training saying that it was a done deal. that there was more than 10 ppl from VA over there. And the other forum says that there is a big announcement in 3 weeks... who knows.. Don't hate me please....

As for hiring at Spirit...the original post... don't they have guys on furlough still? Additionally, the VA model is great-- it's kinda like jetblue's... However, look at their route structure... More than 50% of their flying is transcon, where jetblue has paired our transcons back due to oil prices in the past. It's all about oil, and if this thing continues in Egypt where the Suez Canal is in danger of being shut down-- you're going to see oil above 100/bl again....

I was at the crew room sitting over there with 4 FA. All the sudden 3 of them received text messages from others FA that were at HQ doing training saying that it was a done deal. that there was more than 10 ppl from VA over there. And the other forum says that there is a big announcement in 3 weeks... who knows.. Don't hate me please....
And everyone knows that flight attendants are the best source of confidential industry news.

Latest resources

Back