• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well unless Franke and Branson are lurking on this board (not!), then a Spirit and Virgin America marriage is pure speculation, but interesting none the less. They say opposites attract, but in the business world? ...got me
Spirit is strong when it comes to cutting costs, and Virgin is very strong with customer service. If they could both bring their respective strengths to the table it could be crazy enough to work.

Both would benefit from economy of scale.

Last edited:
And in response to Sinatra, I think the FLL hub is a very valuable asset, particularly with the international network Spirit has built.

The rumor got strong when some former VA managers switched to Spirit a few months ago. Obviously they came to cash in on the stock options and not to prepare a merger, or buyout. It was like always is. One came, and brought a few with him shortly after. Stock options could become very lucrative. It is a no-brainer.

Ohh and then there was this Spirit FA also who flew on a VA plane, who talked to a few VA FAs that flew with the VA FAA guy in the back who told them it was a done deal. I really have heard this recently while sitting through a 4h delay. Sigh... Of course it makes no sense.

Someone one day may buy Spirit. But why sell it now when it seems we are finally going somewhere? They will get a much better price after another 30 airplanes. Not to mention that we do not fit into anyone's model. Can you imagine JB pax coming on board and looking all over the place for their TV? After we have charged the life out of them for their carry on? LOL...

The rumor got strong when some former VA managers switched to Spirit a few months ago. Obviously they came to cash in on the stock options and not to prepare a merger, or buyout. It was like always is. One came, and brought a few with him shortly after. Stock options could become very lucrative. It is a no-brainer.

"Manager" #1 did not go to Spirit directly. Left VA for political reasons for another startup. Didn't pan out. He needed a job, Spirit needed someone to fix the messes going on; simple as that.

"Managers" #2 & 3: one was in the top 5 at VA, the other about 130-ish out of 400+ and growing with 22 fully financed a/c coming over the next 24 months and orders for 40 more after that. Do you think they left VA because they wanted to? There's a whole lot more to it. Think about it, the Dir of Trng and the Mgr of Trng leave at the same time. Hmmmmm.... Could it be they stepped on their own *****'s at VA????

I won't discount the rumor because this is one crazy business, but it sure as he!! ain't got nuthin' to do with those guys. They were too low in the chain at VA to know anything.

"Manager" #1 did not go to Spirit directly. Left VA for political reasons for another startup. Didn't pan out. He needed a job, Spirit needed someone to fix the messes going on; simple as that.

"Managers" #2 & 3: one was in the top 5 at VA, the other about 130-ish out of 400+ and growing with 22 fully financed a/c coming over the next 24 months and orders for 40 more after that. Do you think they left VA because they wanted to? There's a whole lot more to it. Think about it, the Dir of Trng and the Mgr of Trng leave at the same time. Hmmmmm.... Could it be they stepped on their own *****'s at VA????

I won't discount the rumor because this is one crazy business, but it sure as he!! ain't got nuthin' to do with those guys. They were too low in the chain at VA to know anything.

I have no idea under what circumstances these guys left. Supposedly they are good people. I personally laugh at the always resurfacing VA merger/buy rumor. Something to talk about I guess.

I have no idea under what circumstances these guys left. Supposedly they are good people. I personally laugh at the always resurfacing VA merger/buy rumor. Something to talk about I guess.

Yeah Hun, agreed 100%! BTW, my post wasn't necessarily directed at you, just some info to help set the record straight about the when's & why's those guys ended up at Spirit.

Cheers

Yeah Hun, agreed 100%! BTW, my post wasn't necessarily directed at you, just some info to help set the record straight about the when's & why's those guys ended up at Spirit.

Cheers

No worries bro.

One more note. On the plus side, I have flown with quite a few guys who had to deal with the DO and the soon to be CP. So far I am hearing only good things.

Bus Driver -

Please explain how you know so much - unless your one of the "Manager's" that left VA? And I thought it was only 2 from VA and the 3rd came from Skybus? Although they are all ex-US AIRWAYS - of which I know two, and both have outstanding reputations.

Metrojet

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back