Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wrigley23

I got that goin' for me
Hi. I've had several Spirit guys jumpseat in the last few months and they all have said there should be hiring soon due to scheduled deliveries. Any insight? Can't seem to find any evidence of that here, on their website or elsewhere. Thanks.

first part of the year....they have a email for company employees to send in recommendations... those will be taken first saying 4000 hrs to be competitive.....121 and tur pic a plus

I know these questions are hard to answer but does anyone have any idea how many years it would take to hold DTW FO?

*Sigh* thanks for the reply. I hope guys from Comair and Eagle that never had a chance to upgrade yet have boatloads of 121 times will get a chance to interview at places like Spirit, etc in the next few years.

I hear your pain, Wrigley! I had about 11 months in the Left Seat at Comair for a whopping almost 400TPIC. I'm glad to have upgraded to get the type and PIC, but the downgrade sure shot my chances at all these places that demand 1000TPIC regardless if you have a bazillion SIC 121 Jet!! I'm hoping to get some bites on some internal recs at a few places that aren't set on the 1K TPIC. Good Luck!! We sure need it, huh?!

any idea when the rest of the guys on furlough will be recalled? My company still has a guy waiting for recall.

That email has received so many recommendations that it started to bounce back only after 4 days of being open.

That email has received so many recommendations that it started to bounce back only after 4 days of being open.

I doubt that, considering we only have about 480 active pilots that can send in a recommendation. Heck, my yahoo account can handle 480 emails...

any idea when the rest of the guys on furlough will be recalled? My company still has a guy waiting for recall.

Hopefully by the end of the year, maybe as late as February. It's probably going to be determined by the availability of instructors and simulators; we could use the staffing now. As was mentioned in this thread, they have solicited internally for newhire recommendations- which indicates a mandatory recall is coming soon.

*Sigh* thanks for the reply. I hope guys from Comair and Eagle that never had a chance to upgrade yet have boatloads of 121 times will get a chance to interview at places like Spirit, etc in the next few years.

You'll never know if you don't try! Look, the Flight Ops team sent us a simple email that said they're looking for "4000 hour rockstars" (you'd have to know Paul O...); it didn't mention turbine, PIC, 121 or anything else. A simple fact: Spirit has always been an airline where an internal rec. goes a LONG way, and our recently received email proves that this practice still applies.

Will it be competitive? I would imagine so! This is a HORRIBLE pilot job market, so any job will have people clamboring over each other to try and get in. Spirit will be no different than anyone else; they will try to find the most qualified candidate that they feel fits the corporate culture the best and will have the greatest probability of becoming a productive employee.

True, you probably will have your work cut out for you to convince the recruiting team to hire you with little or no 121 PIC experience. Likewise, there may very well be a "unpublished" PIC requirement for a phone call, but why not give it a shot? You already know the answer if you don't try...

Do you know anyone over here? Have you ever jumpseated on us or spoken with any of our pilots in the terminal? Did you come down for any picketing and get a few names? I've known of several guys who got in with a reference that they didn't know very long or very well; just long enough to give a good impression that was passed on to our recruiting team at the time.

Good luck with your career advancement- and don't be so quick to give up! Prepare yourself the best you can, regardless of your current seat position or experience.

gator

Latest resources

Back