• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit - IT'S ON !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One addition...if you're going to use a buddy pass put your Spirit ID away and use your Gov't issued ID instead. Gate agents have been notified to not let Spirit pilots on even with buddy passes. I hate this f'n place.

Keep up the fight guys!

That’s discrimination! The would be a good lawsuit added to the list Air Tran’s pathetic roaster of MGT embarrassments.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]OK Folks. We have news.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Our MEC Chair has been in MCO all morning, after spending the entire night in FLL on the Spirit Picket Line, and he's negotiated with management to re-open the Jumpseat up for Spirit pilots. It will be cabin only and it is initially to be set for a period of 7 days with possible changes as things unfold. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]There will be a CrewTrac message shortly stating the reversal of the company's decision. WE ASK THAT EVERY SINGLE PILOT PRINT THIS OUT AND CARRY IT WITH THEM AS PROOF UNTIL THE COMPANY DISSEMINATES THE INFORMATION TO ALL PARTIES.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]LEAVE NO SPIRIT PILOT BEHIND![/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Thanks to all of you for the extra effort!![/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]FROM CREW TRAC MESSAGE:
"After discussions with the MEC, AirTran has decided to allow Spirit Pilots to ride in the cabin using the Other Airline pilot procedures in the FOM (1-64). These procedures ensure that they will be vetted for security purposes. AirTran has agreed toallow this for the next 7 days. Discussions will be held this week to determine what the status will be after 19 June. "
[/FONT]

Like someone else already asked, is there a strike fund I can contribute to? God's speed Spirit guys/gals! :beer:

FalconAir doesn't surprise me....

Mark my words, they got Puh-lenty of scumbags (hint: with green cards) who will stab a Spirit guy in the heart just to make a couple more Dollares!!

Our company turned it off so when your CASS server pings ours, it comes back denied. We greatly appreciate the support from everyone. It's been overwhelming.

WN still allows non CASS jumpseaters in the cabin (including the striking Spirit folks). I am on vacation, but will spread the word to keep a lookout for you guys so no one leaves with an empty seat......

Are your guys picketing in FLL. I'm 100 miles away, but will drive over to support you guys if you're out there!

Good luck!

Last edited:
Troll565 what do you know? Please explain. Everyone would like to know more about your comments above. Are you saying that Falcon Air pilots are planning to fly Spirit work? Again please clarify your comments.

Yes Falconair has been contracted by Spirit to fill in during the strike. To date they are the only carrier to accept the deal. They were a real dirtbag out fit before!

Airbus experience = potential interest from Emirates

FYI - I don't work there but Emirates is hiring big time on their Airbus fleet (start on A330 then transition to A340 and A380 after 3 years). I am sure Emirates is aware of this strike. If you have a burning desire to fly an A380 one day (perhaps you don't), Emirates would be your path to do so. At least it is an OPTION if you want to bolt from Spirit.

Some caveats: if you apply, make sure you thoroughly investigate whether living in Dubai would work for you (and your family). A trip to Dubai with the family would also be advisable before accepting any position. The living arrangements may or may not work for you. Just do a thorough review of the pros/cons before making any big decisions. Life in Dubai is not like life in Ft. Lauderdale. Again, this is just an option to consider...

Good luck to you guys! Stay strong!!!! Don't let Benny push you around!

Can anyone guess what will happen to Airtran's pilot jumpseat agreements the second we go on strike. Hope we are all near our homes if and when we walk. This sucks.

You will go to the UAL, CAL, DAL, AA, etc... counter and jump-seat home. This is a MGT. scare tactic, you will not be left out in the cold.

Any news of Spirit guys crossing? Sure would be nice to hear no!! Even better to see a pilot group show some serious balls.

Mookie

Latest resources

Back