• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit - IT'S ON !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilots should check the gate area for Spirit pilots in case the gate agents won't let them on. As mentioned earlier ASA's CP put a memo out authoring Spirit pilots to ride ASA's JS. Good luck ladies and gentlemen.

Hoser
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

Apparently they are already trying to recruit replacement pilots. A friend of mine got a call this afternoon from spirit for an interview. He is a resident of FLL and applied to Spirit in 2006 and never heard a word. Randomly, out of the blue he got a call today for an upcoming class. He told them to go pound sand and hung up! Anyone else hear of them calling for replacements already?? I am hopeful that everyone will have the common sense to just say no and hang up the phone!

FYI,

That one Falcon flight was flown by two Falcon pilots, one is retired and the other has made his choice. 90% of the pilot group has refused to fly any Spirit flights. Due to most of the pilot group refusing to do the flights, Falcon Air as of today has said they will no longer attempt to fly Spirit flights. Don't trash the whole pilot group for two people.

Any Spirit pilots needing a ride on CAL without CASS, you are welcome to any empty cabin seat. Good luck, it's time the MBA a-holes who run corporate America get punched in the face.

"Please watch out for our brothers and sisters out on line trying to get home. It is possible that Spirit will cut off CASS access to block them on the JS but CASS is not required to JS in the back. Our Captains should be on alert for them at the gate since our Agents might not want to seat them with no CASS information.

Call the UDO Line and ask for the Jumpseat Committee if you need help with this potential situation."

Last edited:
AirTran Airways welcomes all Spirit pilots. Since your management cut you off from CASS, we can still offer you unlimited cabin seats. We also have a contingency plan in place just in case Management trys to pull something like they did this morning; which was quickly overturned and resolved by our MEC.

You will find our Captains taking extra time to make their presence known at the gates to help you get on our flights.

Apparently they are already trying to recruit replacement pilots. A friend of mine got a call this afternoon from spirit for an interview. He is a resident of FLL and applied to Spirit in 2006 and never heard a word. Randomly, out of the blue he got a call today for an upcoming class. He told them to go pound sand and hung up! Anyone else hear of them calling for replacements already?? I am hopeful that everyone will have the common sense to just say no and hang up the phone!

F V C K I N G awesome. LMFAO!!!

Are they fvcking nuts?! What the hell do they think they can do now? Dumb dumb dumb ass mgt team at Spirit.

Dumb.

I donated my buddy passes for Spirit guys. Question: How long would it take for all striking pilots to get home from overnights? A few days? Question: Who has authority to authorize CASS? I thought the airline you worked for put you in CASS. If Spirit shuts it down how would CASS work for guys/girls to get cockpit access for jumpseat on other airlines?

I believe...if they are no longer "in CASS", whether it be loss of medical or the whole airline folds...Maxjet, EOS...you can still "jumpseat". BUT, you cannot ride in the flightdeck.

basically...an open seat is a jumpseat...and on us..jetblue, you can still ride the cabin FA jumpseat without being in CASS.

Nothing but the best of luck to all Spirit pilots! It's been said many times, but thanks for standing up for what you believe in. You are the tip of the spear for ALL airline pilots deserving of a fair wage and quality of life. Good luck to all of you.

I'm going to give one last warning about naming names... ANYONE'S name. Do it again and you'll find yourself on vacation from FI for a while...

This is NOT the time to be on an unrequested FI vacation, we need everyone here, clear-headed, and in support of the Spirit pilots. PLEASE follow the rules, don't want to ban anyone right now.

Thanks.

/mod

Latest resources

Back