• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit - IT'S ON !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do not forget that if this strike lasts, Spirit pilots will need JS's to go to and from picketing events.

for the record...we, jetblue, have not added any sections in/out of FLL, I just checked.

When Max Jet and EOS folded, I think we gave those crews a 30 day window to travel after the 'doors closed' on their campus. So far, there is no time limit for Spirit crews to jumpseat on us. Just wanted to make that clear.

I wish I was near by to help out. I'm in the A T L. I think some of our guys who live in S. FL went to your FLL terminal and brought a cooler of cold drinks...so I heard.

I hope to hear about more of that tomorrow.

Wow. I'm still partly surprised it actaully went this far.

Good luck guys.

You are still welcome on JB flights...as far as I heard. CASS should still be good too.

I on the other hand am not surprised. Baldanza is a scumbag POS! Hope it is short lived but I think it's going to get ugly. I hope I am wrong.

Just talked to some buddies at Falcon... most of them are furloughed ALPA pilots... they all called in sick. what the guy said above about not blaming the whole pilot group is true. GOOD JOB TO THE FALCON PILOTS FOR SHUTTING IT DOWN!

Comair of course will always take you where you need to go. (can't help it if they take you out of CASS, but you are always welcome in the back). Comair had everyone's support during their strike.

Ya'll are welcome here at Southwest.

Hold the line and don't let up.

I've had many Spirit folks on our jumpseat in/out of FLL/DTW. You guys/gals are a great group of people and deserve better. Stay strong.

-FR8

Last edited:
Quick question. When the Spirit guys walked out, what did the guy's in the out stations do? Did they fly back or are they chillin in their hotels?

Quick question. When the Spirit guys walked out, what did the guy's in the out stations do? Did they fly back or are they chillin in their hotels?
I am spitballing here but I would guess that they would just jumpseat home from wherever they were.... I sure wouldn't hang around if a strike was going on...

ALPA was trying to give the company some benefit of doubt and try to get a feel for how negotiations were going the next few days after the deadline and were planning on leaving the crews in the out stations for a few days. So if we settled they could just jump back on line and go.

Spirit airbi have a 72 hour airworthiness window, so after Monday the airplanes will need MX to get them going again.

Latest resources

Back