• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit HR contact/address

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spirit types the new hire FO's? do all new hires start in the A319 or are there slots open in the A321 ?

Thanks for the info guys keep it coming I'm having a hard time trying to decide between 3 airlines.... Its nice to have choices but sometimes makes it harder and I cant find where I put my crystal ball...

You will fly both.

I have heard that they might start SIC typing new FOs in the future.....who knows. Might be their new employee retention initiative :)

2400TT. 1300 turbine p121 all on the E145. I have a 4 year and live close to FLL. No ATP. This was enough to get the job offer which I gladly took. It probably helped that I really DO want to work there and it was written all over me.

It seemed the published mins will get you through the door. I have heard if you are close they want to see you. I was just a little over the mins so I worried a lot about not being competitive but they did not care about my time. I saw a few Eagle and other regional FOs on the interview with a ton of jet SIC time. This was on the Job Fair in ATL btw. What else did matter though was the internal recommendation. I had only one, and I had that printed out from the Airlineapps website and all three of them read it. They all knew the person who is a recent new hire so it wasn't like I knew the CP. They totally did not care about any other recommendations I had with me.

The interview was all the typical HR stuff. How would you handle this or that situation. They wanted to get to know me. It was very relaxed and we laughed quite a bit. I had to convince them I was not going to leave in 5 years. That was easy for me since I am personally not planning on ever leaving and I had Spirit on that very short list for a while now, so I knew enough about the company.

To me a company with an HQ and main focus in SE FL flying a modern plane to vacation destinations doing many 1, 2 days is absolutely golden. The projected growths is just a bonus. Doing a 2 leg FL to: "name a random city in the Midwest" commute will change your mind quickly about how good this job is. I am done organizing our life around just so that I can fly. It is not the most important thing for me anymore. It is a job, and it better be where I live because I am not moving for it. I am sure they wont ever leave FLL, this was the main thing for me followed by the other reasons I have mentioned.

On a side note. IMHO I am not sure if it is worth coming to Spirit only for the type then leaving shortly after. It looks like crap on the resume to list a job when it was obvious you only did it for the type. Just about every company has or had this problem in the past. I would not do it. Of course I also think airline training is freaking boooooooooooooooooooring and twice as long as needed so I am not the one who will collect those type ratings LOL.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Be carefull what you wish for...

That was easy for me since I am personally not planning on ever leaving and I had Spirit on that very short list for a while now, so I knew enough about the company.

I am sure they wont ever leave FLL, this was the main thing for me

I said the exact same words when I was hired in February. The only difference is I was in DTW. I am no longer with Spirit, but I am still based in DTW. What is your plan if satellite basing is approved in the next contract?
Don't bet that FLL won't go away at some point.
Just something to think about.

I said the exact same words when I was hired in February. The only difference is I was in DTW. I am no longer with Spirit, but I am still based in DTW. What is your plan if satellite basing is approved in the next contract?
Don't bet that FLL won't go away at some point.
Just something to think about.

If satellite basing happens that does not mean FLL will go. And if it does at one point than ohhh well... I am not all that crazy about being an airline pilot anymore so that I will commute for it or do whatever it takes to stay one. I do like to job and I woudl miss it I know but I am planning to have additional income regardless. This job will never be stable enough for me, or pay enough for me so that I can just sit back and relax. There is just way too much time on my days off as is. It cries: "Do something productive!" I have grown up around business all my life. That is my backup plan and Florida is a great place to do it.

Got an email from Spirit HR the other day saying they're not using airlineapps anymore, and the information they have won't carry over to the new system. So got to fill out another app. Thanks for wasting my 60 bucks!

Got an email from Spirit HR the other day saying they're not using airlineapps anymore, and the information they have won't carry over to the new system. So got to fill out another app. Thanks for wasting my 60 bucks!

One profile is for free.....so who else are you applying for?

I did the online profile for spiritair.com yesterday. It took 2 minutes since my resume was ready to go.

Latest resources

Back